Wake Up With The New Kids

Wake Up With The New Kids

A Chapter by kaydeex

So today was the day I'd finally been waiting for, I was going to host morning music videos with the New Kids On The Block and I was beyond excited. I first saw them on ShowTime At The Apollo two years ago and ever since then I've been hooked. They've taken the musical world by storm and are releasing a new album next week and the Magic Summer Tour would follow after. This was going to be the best summer ever, I could just feel it. I'd been on set since 6 A.M. and was anxious to meet the guys. I continued to wonder if they were really as nice and funny as they seemed on all of those interviews. Lost in my thoughts I jumped in my seat as I heard our set manager Lisa call my name.

 

"Are you ready?" She asked with a smile.

 

"As ready as I'll ever be." I replied with a weary smile as I looked in the mirror one last time smoothing out my navy blue shirt.

 

"Come on, Their excited to meet you." Lisa laughed and gently grabbed my arm leading me on to the set.

 

The set had been designed to look like a nicely furnished basement with a mini bar with nice leather covered stools, a video arcade game and a pool table. While I walked on to admire where I'd be for the next two hours, another one of the stage managers came over to me.

 

"So for the first two takes you can just sit on the pool table but make sure to be on an angle facing the camera."

 

I nodded as I anchored myself on the pool table and decided to sit Indian style facing the camera.

 

I was on the set by myself for a few minutes just taking everything in. I was looking down at my finger nails but the sounds of two familiar voices made my head shoot up in excitement.

 

It was none other than Donnie Wahlberg, Joe McIntyre and following behind was Jonathan Knight.

 

Let's see how this goes.......



© 2013 kaydeex


Author's Note

kaydeex
before you review, if your not too familiar with the new kids on the block or the late 80s and early 90s you can watch this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQYwdzLcNXM&list=PLF59E1B6A0E55C5ED and some of their first music videos. but this story takes place during the step by step period which is in 1990

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

You have a good introduction. I like the detail you give although it seems like sometimes you give a little too much detail in one sentence. Just try breaking those sentences up a little. Overall, I liked it.
One more thing:
"Come on, Their excited to meet you."
should be
"Come on, they're excited to meet you."

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

136 Views
1 Review
Added on April 11, 2013
Last Updated on April 11, 2013