Photography.

Photography.

A Story by KayDennyy!(:
"

Ummm, i did the research now i have to make a speech out of it from 2 minutes to 4 minutes can't go under or over D: this is going to be hard...:/

"
                    Photography, the nature of the work, is more than just a camera, film, and creativity, its art. Photographers have to produce a story or a event with just one simple *SNAP* of a camera. It's more than that. A Photographer has to produce a image that is bigger than life and that also tells a story about the creativity in the picture. To produce a successful  picture, you must choose and present a subject to achieve an effect,selecting the right camera that fits your style of photography, and other photographic enhancing tools. Photographers have to decide whether to either use, artificial light or natural light. To shoot from a regular angle or a strange angle, Either blurring the background or keeping it original. Blurring the background shows the person looking at the photograph whats important in the picture. Using various lenses to produce a desired levels of detail at various distances of the subject. Regardless of the camera a Photographer uses they also have much more equipment -from lenses filters, tripods to flash attachments and specially constructed lighting equipment- to improve quality of their work.
                    Digital cameras capture images electronically allowing them to be edited on the computer. Photographers who use camera with silver-halide film often send their film to laboratories for processing. Color film requires expensive equipment and exacting conditions correct processing and printing. Other photographers, especially those using black and white film or creating special effects, develop and print their own photographs using their own fully equipped darkrooms. Photographers who develop their own film must invest in additional developing and printing equipment  and acquire the technical skills to operate it. Some photographers specialize in areas such as portrait, commercial and industrial, scientific, news, or fine arts photography! 
                    Portrait photographers take pictures of individuals or groups of people and usually work in their studios. Many also process their own images, design albums,and mount and frame the finished photographs. New photographers, also called photojournalists, photography newsworthy people, places, sporting, political, community events for news papers, journals, magazines, or television. In addition, to technical  proficiency, fine arts photographers need artistic talent and creativity. Stock photo agencies sell magazines and other customers the right to use photographs, and pay the photographer a commission! These agencies require  an application from the photographer and a sizable portfolio of pictures. Once accepted, photographers usually are required to submit a large number of photographers each year. Most photographers spend only a small portion of their work schedule actually taking photographs! their most common activities are editing images on a computer- if they use digital camera, looking for new business, or if they are self-employed.
                    The training qualifications. Employers usually seek applicants with a "good eye," imagination, and creativity, as well as a good technical  understand of photography. Photojournalists or industrial or scientific photographers generally need a college degree. Freelance and portrait photographers need technical proficiency, gained through a degree, training program or experience. Entry-level positions in photojournalism or in a industrial or scientific photography generally require a college degree in photography or in a field related to the industry  in which the photographer seeks employment.

                    Some complete a college degree or vocational training programs, Photography course are offered by many universities, community colleges, vocational-technical institutes, and private trade and technical schools. Basic classes in photography are over equipment, processes,
and  techniques. Art schools offer useful training in photographic design and composition. Photographers may start out as assistants to experienced photographers. Individuals interested in a career in photography should try to develop contacts in the field by subscribing to photographic newsletters and magazines, joining camera clubs, and seeking summer or part time employment in camera stores, newspapers, and/or photo studios. Photographers need good eyesight, artistic ability, and good hand-eye coordination. Portrait photographers need the ability to help people relax in front of the camera. Commercial and fine arts photographers must be imaginative and original. New photographers must not only be good with a camera, but also understand the story behind an event so that their pictures match the story. they must be decisive in recognizing a potentially good photograph and act quickly to capture it.
                    Working conditions for photographers vary considerably. Some photographers may work a 5-day, 40-hour week. News photographers, however, often work long, irregular hours, and must be available to work on short notice. Many photographers work part time or on variable schedules. Portrait photographers usually work in their own studios but also may travel to take photographs at the client's location,such as school, a company office or a private home. News and commercial photographers frequently travel locally, stay overnight on assignments, or travel to distant places for long periods.
                   Photographers can expect keen competition  for job openings because the work is attractive to many people. The number of individuals interested in position as commercial and news photographers is usually much greater than the number of openings. Salaried jobs in particular may be difficult to find as more companies contract with freelancers rather than hire their own photographers. Those who succeed in landing a salaried job or attraction enough work to earn a living freelancing are likely to be adept at operating a business and to be among the most creative. They will be able to find and exploit the new opportunities available from rapidly changing technologies. Related work experience,  job-related training, or some unique skill or talent- such as a background in computers or electronics or knowledge of a second language- also improve a photographer's job prospects.
                    Advancements, after several years of experience, magazine and news photographers may advance to photography or picture editor positions, Some photographers teach at technical schools, film school or unviersites.
                     Why does this interest me? This interest me, cause this is my passion, since i was 12 I wanted to become a photographer, I have a 35 mm camera. It takes film, and that's my passion. I can take a  picture and make it have 1,000 words. I don't know anyone who has a passion for photography like I do.

© 2010 KayDennyy!(:


Author's Note

KayDennyy!(:
Tell me what you think.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Well, starting off, its really long! :P

But good deatail. You didnt leave anything out. I think your a great writer. Even if it is for school. Great job. :D

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

111 Views
1 Review
Added on September 18, 2010
Last Updated on September 18, 2010

Author

KayDennyy!(:
KayDennyy!(:

Where Ever I Want To Be <3 , TX



About
The name is Kayden Tracen Adams! Another year younger January 26th. Writing and photography are my lifeee! I'm takennn, Clifton Charles Adams. I'm expecting a lil one in January. Deklan Charles A.. more..

Writing