forgotten love

forgotten love

A Poem by krystle

It’s 5:46 AM, my heart is sitting in my stomach
and my stomach caved in a long time ago.
my lips stay pressed as if,
as if someone scared every last word they wanted to say
back into non-existence 
When I look, I no longer see other worldly colors staring back, 
Just vacant eyes
I no longer see smiling lips
I just see a mouth with tired sores,
And I don’t see the person I once drowned in wonder for
I just see, you
It’s 5:48 AM, and i’m stuck wondering how two people, 
who had everything in a world full of nothing,
let the nothing, overpower their everything.

© 2014 krystle


Author's Note

krystle
I never write about myself. I write about my friends lives or inspiration I see on the streets.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

"who had everything in a world full of nothing,
let the nothing, overpower their everything.”
Funny how we look back. Stood in the utopia of love and one day. Something changed. I like the journey you took me with and the yearning for understanding. Thank you for sharing the excellent poetry.
Coyote

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

krystle

9 Years Ago

Means a lot thank you :)
Coyote Poetry

9 Years Ago

You are welcome. A amazing poem.



Reviews

This is an amazing poem, sad yet beautifully put together. You capture the moment perfectly and many can really relate to this, of course not me been that I haven't date anyone. But in all seriousness, this is well written and the imagery stands out. Nicely done!

~Suk

Posted 9 Years Ago


krystle

9 Years Ago

Thank you so much im glad you liked it, and you don't have to date someone to be completely smitten .. read more
The Black Warrior

9 Years Ago

That is true, but I don't that has happened to me yet, or maybe I just don't pay too much attention .. read more
Thats good of you to hide the stranger that is you protect yourself from ever being found out. No one can learn for what you write about for its someone else's life and not your own. But I find this journey of overpowering nothingness to effect most any one with a heart that gets broken on a ware out relationship so don't ware your heart on your sleeve you must find other people more interesting then the life you lead. Bless you and keep you safe. Enjoyed the read.

Posted 9 Years Ago


krystle

9 Years Ago

thank you :)
You're last two lines encapsulate the entirety of a tragedy too often played out in love. People let too much of everything overwhelm and drive away the one thing that can carry them through all the trials of Life.

Posted 9 Years Ago


krystle

9 Years Ago

Just getting around to replying to this poem.. thank you so much :)
MomzillaNC

9 Years Ago

You're welcome.
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Tim
You have a keen sense of observation to be able to describe what you see and embellish it. The last two lines are profound to me. You even give a sense of time as if it was dragging on in the present existence. This isn't just a poem, it's a black and white scene with two people now separated in harmony with each other. I see a kitchen table with plain chairs and a couple mired in silence. Thanks o bringing this to life for me and showing me this short clip.

Posted 9 Years Ago


krystle

9 Years Ago

wow thank you so much, you've added to this poem just with your comment :)
Such a sad tale that happens all too often. Very well penned. Thank you for sharing.

Posted 9 Years Ago


krystle

9 Years Ago

i agree, thank you!
"who had everything in a world full of nothing,
let the nothing, overpower their everything.”
Funny how we look back. Stood in the utopia of love and one day. Something changed. I like the journey you took me with and the yearning for understanding. Thank you for sharing the excellent poetry.
Coyote

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

krystle

9 Years Ago

Means a lot thank you :)
Coyote Poetry

9 Years Ago

You are welcome. A amazing poem.
It’s 5:48 AM, and i’m stuck wondering how two people,
who had everything in a world full of nothing,
let the nothing, overpower their everything.”

Above lines were powerful, simply amazing piece of writing. Well done!

Posted 9 Years Ago


krystle

9 Years Ago

i'm glad you liked it, thank you!
A. Amos

9 Years Ago

You're most welcome my friend!
Those who say they don`t write about themselves but `bout others, most of them always told a true-lie. Anyway, this poem`s nicely pen`d. I like the imagery. You`ve shown the moments of rusting love-life in words. Keep writing!

Posted 9 Years Ago


krystle

9 Years Ago

hmmm...maybe so, but maybe not, thank you for this :)
How you capture a moment in time... and these reflections of what came before... voicing strong emotions into the wildness of a world coming undone...

Posted 9 Years Ago


krystle

9 Years Ago

Just getting around to reply...thank you for this comment! :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

265 Views
9 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 15, 2014
Last Updated on November 13, 2014
Tags: love

Author

krystle
krystle

coconutcreek, FL



About
This world excites me. I like being around people with genuine personalities and happy spirits. I'm made of coffee and love Jesus. now that the basics are out of the way, I'm also a walking contradic.. more..

Writing
Grasp. Grasp.

A Poem by krystle


Restless Restless

A Poem by krystle



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..