My haiti mission trip

My haiti mission trip

A Story by krystle
"

On a mission to find the life that is deeply rooted into the grounds of Neply, Haiti. Even if the people there have long since forgotten about it. They need help in every aspect and if I can contribut

"

There will always be things you are sure about yourself in life, my two things are; I love people, and I love seeing the world. And when I say seeing the world, I don't mean the cliche "new york" or "san fransisco" (though I'd gladly go to either of them) But I mean I want to see the broken down places that are completely different than what I know! (Florida) Put those two together and I grew up and was introduced to volunteering. I've tried, in any way big or small to volunteer. But there comes a point where you think "is this all I can be doing" And so i've been following cross culuture solutions for all I can remember, which is another volunteer program, but I was always too young and oblivious, and now I'm 18 and I'm old enough to join except I was thrown another realization curveball, they are way too expensive.

and so I continued to search for volunteer abroad organizations that weren't so expensive but was always unlucky until more recently the My Life Speaks organization became! A girl I know went and came back with a heart full of experience and love for the people of Neply, Haiti. And we all know that they need a hand in every aspect. I'd be dealing with humanitarian aid and watching over the children all while experiencing haiti and the different ways of living. The program is fairly reasonable! the trip will cost a flat $700 but that doesn't include the airline ticket :/ so all in all i'd say around $1000. any form of of donation will get me one step closer to helping haiti and i'm more than grateful!  After pages of reading experiences and stories of this trip I've decided I need to experience the life and the people there first hand. I can be experiencing the life and exploring a place so different than what i'm used to, while helping the people there as well. So please, help me help the people of Haiti! whether it be a donation or a prayer, thank you!


https://www.trevolta.com/trips/on-a-mission-to-find-the-life-30310

© 2015 krystle


Author's Note

krystle
https://www.trevolta.com/trips/on-a-mission-to-find-the-life-30310

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Very brave of you, a lot can be taken from this! And you conveyed it all in few words that told a big story. Well done!

Posted 8 Years Ago


Noble write, indeed the plight of Haiti has been forgotten....

Posted 8 Years Ago


You are a brave and good woman. Helping people show us we are part of the world. Not separated.
Coyote

Posted 8 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

419 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 22, 2015
Last Updated on June 22, 2015

Author

krystle
krystle

coconutcreek, FL



About
This world excites me. I like being around people with genuine personalities and happy spirits. I'm made of coffee and love Jesus. now that the basics are out of the way, I'm also a walking contradic.. more..

Writing
Grasp. Grasp.

A Poem by krystle


Restless Restless

A Poem by krystle


Clear blur Clear blur

A Poem by krystle