eyes for my home.

eyes for my home.

A Poem by krystle
"

Somebody asked me this question yesterday and I didn't give them an answer...here is your answer. I wish I could find better words to explain .

"
Someone asked me what struck my desire to travel the world. I could have answered this one of two ways; I could have been cliche and replied with a predictable "it's beautiful" or "it's just so big." But I decided to take a moment and think about it, and that's when I sort of new I don't want to "travel" the world, I want to see my home. So I decided to answer with the only way I knew how, that the desire is just a part of me. 
Do you ever go outside and feel the wind whipping around you, to me I always thought the concept of wind was incredible, the common definition of it is "the perceptible natural movement of air" but there is another definition that makes far more sense to me; "breath as needed in physical exertion or speech." The earth is as lively and as real far more than we can imagine, and it wants to be noticed. Like the wind is the child of this earth craving attention, and children need a lot of that. Wind is the tour guide of this world, it's like an unseen, promising shadow that you can confide in. because no matter where you are in this world you can feel it, it greets you with an excited smile and shows you the ways to venture. I try not to fight the course of the wind because it's blowing the way it is for a reason. I have an urge so deeply rooted inside of me to see whatever it is the wind has been trying to show me, and I trust in it because it has seen it all. 
there are trees growing from the ground and then a month later there are little sprouts of soon to be flowers in the seasons to come as if God kept looking at his canvas and deciding it needs more. What an incredible decision he made. and different oceans of different colored sands roaring with chapped lips from all the salt is has consumed. stuffed with undiscovered plants and animals that make up an entirely different world. there are people so passionate about their culture and where they live that when you visit it's as if the earth and the air of that place so respectively invited itself and picked up the smells. Someone once told me never to go to France because it has a terrible smell, but that just makes me want to go more. Every house has a different smell to it, some smell like cigarettes some smell like lavender candles and some smell like the culture they brought with them.
I want to see the world because it's an extraordinary thing, it's a jewelry box full of treasures that nobody can afford the value of. it's a creature painted detail by detail and then just snapped into life. and don't even get me started on the Creator. I wish to be nothing of importance to this earth except an appreciator of it.

© 2014 krystle


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
JC
Beautifully spoken with great metaphor and insight. Your artistic eye is all consumed with the immense beauty of the world and it comes out fantastically in your writing.

Posted 9 Years Ago


krystle

9 Years Ago

thank you so much!
Very lovely take on the world and nature. The text was intriguing and flowed so well!

-Mila

Posted 9 Years Ago


krystle

9 Years Ago

thank you!
A fine text, well put together..

Posted 9 Years Ago


krystle

9 Years Ago

thank you!
"The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page." ~St. Augustine... Oh, krystle, I feel the same way... wanting to see the world.. to explore the soul of earth, the wondrous people from varied cultures... the wonders and waterfalls and wildlife. Yes, "a jewelry box full of treasures." I love your eyes for home. :)


Posted 9 Years Ago


krystle

9 Years Ago

I love that quote! thank you for your kind words :)
What a beautiful thought. You have described the nature beautifully. Everyplace is different and have it's own treasures, just beautiful.
Thank you for sharing...:)

Posted 9 Years Ago


krystle

9 Years Ago

Thank you :)
Wow this is an amazing thought and your diction is perfect! "...that God kept looking at his canvas and decided it needed more." I love this! Great work!

Posted 9 Years Ago


krystle

9 Years Ago

thank you so much!
Nessie_AJ

9 Years Ago

keep up the awesome work!
Intriguing tale. The world is full of treasures. But, you really don't have to travel far to find them. Treasure… miracles abound all around us.

Posted 9 Years Ago


MomzillaNC

9 Years Ago

It does tremendous good to appreciate what you have right where you are. But, it is incredibly enric.. read more
krystle

9 Years Ago

I agree with both. Thank you
MomzillaNC

9 Years Ago

yw :D
I am fascinated by the wind. It makes me realize how small we are in relation to the rest of the world. I have just recently retired and am more than ready to go out there and see as much of it as I can. I love how you describe it as a "jewelry box full of treasures that nobody can afford the value of." I too tried to open up the link to your website to no avail. Just thought you should know. Love your writing! I have found some of it simply mesmerizing.

Posted 9 Years Ago


krystle

9 Years Ago

Thank you I appreciate it! I do hope you tell us about your experiences if you come across any :) an.. read more
I have my own love of the wind. Behind the wind is a planet in silent motion. I love this (quote) Every house has a different smell to it, some smell like cigarettes some smell like lavender candles and some smell like the culture they brought with them. And this (quote) it's a creature painted detail by detail and then just snapped into life. I will be paying you considerably more attention. I don't do reviews, though your writing begs the exception. Also, when I click on the lnk beside your photo it cant find the website?

Posted 9 Years Ago


krystle

9 Years Ago

I like what you said about the wind, very well said. And thank you that means a lot! I will have to .. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

210 Views
9 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on December 12, 2014
Last Updated on December 12, 2014

Author

krystle
krystle

coconutcreek, FL



About
This world excites me. I like being around people with genuine personalities and happy spirits. I'm made of coffee and love Jesus. now that the basics are out of the way, I'm also a walking contradic.. more..

Writing
Grasp. Grasp.

A Poem by krystle


Restless Restless

A Poem by krystle



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..