Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by TheKaylaPup
"

a fan fiction of the lion king This chapter isn't done yet.

"
Disclaimer: This is a fan fiction, made only for fun, and not profit. The Lion King belongs to Walt Disney. Also, I took some creative licencing and changed a few things. 
Prologue
Vitani stood defiantly on pride rock. She was only just a cub, only a child, yet she stood looking Simba in the eyes. Simba looked down upon her.
"You were banished with your mother and the others, now leave the pridelands. I give you warning because you are a cub; if you should return, you shall have to face the consequence," Simba warned. 
"Kopa is my friend. He is my friend and you can't stop that. I love him and you only want him so you can have his Mommy too." Vitani accused.
"You will pay for your slanderous words foolish cub," Simba growled, lunging at Vitani. 
"No!" Kopa jumped between Simba and Vitani. 
"Kopa, step aside. Vitani is banished from the pridelands. She will not be here, and she will not accuse me of things which are untrue."
"You deny what I say, but its true and you know it. You killed my dad, and took away my home, but you can' take away our friendship."
"I never killed Scar, Vitani. Now go home."
"I am home," Vitani challenged.
"Vitani please," Kopa begged. "If you don't leave, you'll die."
Vitani looked at Simba with hatred. "You will be sorry." She then turned and walked off, in the direction of the outlands. "Kovu will be King."
Simba roared as Vitani walked away, but he let her go. The he turned to Kopa.
"You are not to see her again. She is the daughter of a lioness who fought against us, and Scar himself. She is trouble. She is banished from this place, and she will not return. If you leave to see her, you will not be welcome back." Simba warned.
"Simba," Nala objected, "Kopa is just a cub, and, so is Vitani. They are children Simba, they do not understand this fight."
"I will not have him over there having Zira filling his head with traitorous ideas. Vitani may be a cub now, but she will grow up to be just like her mother, and she cannot be trusted."
"Simba please, just be more gentle with Kopa. You are scaring him, and Kiara." Nala insisted.
"Your right, I'm sorry. Nala, please take Kiara inside. Kopa and I need to talk, he needs to hear this."
"Just be gentle Simba, he is only a cub."
Nala carried little Kiara in, while Simba and Kopa walked out from pride rock to have a more private conversation. 
"Dad, I, I didn't want to disobey you I just, I didn't want Vitani to be hurt," Kopa reasoned.
"Kopa. You are not to talk to her again. She may have been your friend once, but her mother is filling her head with ways to overthrow me. Each day she grows more and more like her parents. She will be consumed by hatred and jelously, just like her father before her. Scar killed his own brother for power Kopa, don't think she won't use you and throw you away like yesterdays news."
"But Dad," Kopa argued.
"No buts. She is an out lander, and you are not to see her again. If you continue to see her i will be forced to take your defiance as an act of treason. You are old enough to remember what happens to lions who commit treason."
"Dad," Kopa sounded fearful. He didn't want to be banished.
"Now run along home. Stay out of trouble."
* * *
Vitani carefully crossed the river into the out-lands. She was greeted her older brother Nuka.
"Where have you been? Mother is going to kill you."
"She won't, she is to busy with Kovu. Anyway, you were supposed to be keeping an eye on me. If she is mad at anyone it will be you."
"Seriously Vitani, you can't keep going to see him. It's dangerous. If Simba found you..."
"I'm fine, okay?" Vitani assured Nuka. "Why do you care so much anyway?"
"Because your my sister, and you're the only one who really understands."
"Whatever. Is there any dinner?"
"I caught some mice for mom. She is still nursing that little parasite."
"Nuka! Don't talk like that," Vitani pleaded. "Kovu will be King one day."
"I don't care. Why does that little brat get to be heir to the throne? It should be me. Scar isn't even his real father."
"Oh give it a rest. Is there food or not Nuka? I'm hungry," Vitani complained.
"Yeah, I saved you some. There isn't much. Here." Nuka offered his sister a couple field mice,  the only real food source in the out-lands.
"I wanna go home Nuka, when will this be over?" Vitani whinnied. "I wanna go home and play with Kopa and be safe in Daddy's paws."
"Vitani, it will never be like that again. Come here, eat your dinner." Nuka comforted his sister.
"Things were different then. I remember going to Nala for help when Mom was out hunting and Dad was busy. I remember playing with Kopa and, and Dad, I remember Dad, and how he would always call me his princess. It wasn't so long ago."
"It's over Vitani. Now we must look to the future. We must focus on taking back the throne." 
"Your right. One day Kovu will be King."
"Quite right my little one," Zira crooned. 
"Hey Mom," Nuka and Vitani chimed in together.
"Nuka, I need you to watch your little brother for a while. Vitani, you need to behave and help Nuka with Kovu. And Vitani, he is still too young to play with."

* * *

Kopa ran across the river to the outlands. He scanned the horizon for Vitani, but he could not see her anywhere. Unfourtantely, he also didn't see Zira watching from behind a rock. She attacked him, her claws sinking into his flesh. he hit the ground, hard, his head making solid contact with a large rock. Kopa's eyes flickered shut, having only barely seen Zira's hateful face, and then, nothing. As he lay motionless bright crimson blood began to pour from his wounds and stain his dark gold fur. Zira picked him up in her mouth and carried him off, dropping down a hole on the far side of the outlands, leaving him for the scavengers.
"It is done. Terribly sorry Kopa, but Simba named you heir, and I can't have that, and besides, my little Vitanti is in less danger now that she isn't sneaking off to see you. Now to get rid of your half-sister and her father, and the pride-lands will be ours, as they should be," Zira explained her actions, if only to herself, perhaps only to confirm that their battle was a winning one. Perhaps she would live up to those words... Then again, perhaps she would fail.


© 2011 TheKaylaPup


Author's Note

TheKaylaPup
Edit: Finally done!!
Edit: for any one who read it before, I changed the dialog so that Vitani and Kopa sound more like children.

Edit: So this is just the prolong.
FAQ's (no spoilers)
Who is Kopa?- Well, in the books he is Simba's son, but in this fan fiction he is Nala's son, born before Simba's return.
When is the setting?- For this chapter, it is between the 1st and 2nd movie.
I'll add any more FAQs if please ask them in the reviews. Also, I'd like to know what people think, so please give your honest opinions and constructive criticisms. (you can tell me if you don't like it, but please don't just say it sucked, that isn't helpful at all)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Oooooo, banishment punishments~ sounds exciting! I like this a lot. My one complaint, however, is that the dialogue is a little too... monotonous? Reading just the dialogue, you can't really tell that Simba and Vitani are different characters; Not because of the meaning behind what they say, but because of the way that they say it.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I loved it!!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Oooooo, banishment punishments~ sounds exciting! I like this a lot. My one complaint, however, is that the dialogue is a little too... monotonous? Reading just the dialogue, you can't really tell that Simba and Vitani are different characters; Not because of the meaning behind what they say, but because of the way that they say it.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

274 Views
3 Reviews
Added on October 14, 2011
Last Updated on October 20, 2011
Tags: Lion King, fanfic, Kopa, Vitani


Author

TheKaylaPup
TheKaylaPup

Boone, IA



About
Everything You Want People to Know ABOUT MEFull NameKayla LudwickDOBDecember 1, 1993Eye colorHazelHair colorBrownRight or Left handedRightHeightTallYour WeaknessYour FearYour HeritageMost Overused .. more..

Writing
Racies Racies

A Poem by TheKaylaPup