Beauty

Beauty

A Poem by Suicidal Teddybear
"

well i got to thinking about what we are told beauty is and what we percive it to be

"

What is beauty?

 

It is not eys

Nor lips

Nor feet

Nor hips

Nor thin

Nor short

Nor plain

Nor colourful

Nor any inbetween

 

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder

Or so I'm led to believe

 

If this is the case

Why am i on my own

 

If it is so that everyone has someone out there for them

Why is mine taking so long to find me?

 

If beauty isn't everything

Why do theey get first pick?

Why are they admired?

The beautyful people of this world

 

So it seems beauty IS

Face

And thinness

And height

And eyes

And b***s

And long legs

And being easy

 

These all seem to me

To be peoples definition of beauty

 

I am none of these

 

But does that mean im not beautiful?

© 2009 Suicidal Teddybear


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

NO, IT DOESN"T MEAN THAT YOU ARE NOT BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A good write showcasing the failings of humanity. If this is a cathartic write, then I urge you to take a really good look at the beauty in the world... Read Selene Skye... it's in every thing she writes, everything she creates, and everything she is...

Her voice will remove the illusions of beauty that humanity and its world have laid at our footfalls... her voice will color the dark of theirs with a Sunshine every soul can recognize...

Yeah, I'm a fan... but it's the truth none the less... hugs

Posted 13 Years Ago


Ur beautiful for being yourself and wat ppl also think is beautiful when your proud of who u are. There is someone out there for you,but maybe it just takes time, u find that person when u least expect it. Plus man looks at the outward appearence, but God looks at the heart. There's someone out there that looks at the heart and they would believe your beaoutiful just the way you are.
Man , i sound like Oprah or something :P Well we all feel like this at times. Great write!

Posted 13 Years Ago


This is an incredibly acurate view of the attitudes toward beauty and the conventions of the norm.
Beauty is always in the eye of the beholder. beauty cannot be defined by the constraints of the english language.
You are beautiful.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder right?
Great write thanks for sharing.

Kelley

Posted 14 Years Ago


Nope don't mean anything other than people are shallow jerks often. More than one way to see a person, the physical level isn't the only one. The dude who sees you for who you are will be worth giving a chance to.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Freakin' hell! Again, your deepness baffles me.

I love this poem thingy, Kays, I really do.

It shows not only your perception of beauty but I'm sure so many others including my own.

Guh...you need to write more. :L:L

Rach~xox

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Of course not you are beautiful! Alway remember that! I love this there is so much truth in it! But none of those things is beauty "You don't love some one because of their looks. You love them because they sing a song that no body but you can understand." So always remember that!!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

436 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 30, 2009

Author

Suicidal Teddybear
Suicidal Teddybear

Plymouth, United Kingdom



About
Guhh well... where to start my life is prety much always an episode of eastenders lmao. umm well im nice talk to me if you want :D, umm yeah ask me anything and i'll reply i always reply lols, .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Posterior Posterior

A Poem by O!


69 69

A Story by O!