Matthew in A Moonlit Night

Matthew in A Moonlit Night

A Story by K C Milan
"

From memories

"

Not so long. It may be one or a little bit more than a year ago. But I forgot the exact day. I forgot it due to weakness of my memory power. But the thing is without facing any hardship I can remember what I did, what I thought and what was my feeling.
In response to frequent calling of Yasin, one my close college friends, I went to his village home to pay him and his wife a courtesy visit.
Actually his house is situated nearby Talora Railway Station. During my student life I had been there in his house for few months to attend classes in a government college there.
However, I do not know how many qualities Nusrat Jahan, wife of Yasin, is possessing but three qualities are clearly visible.
Firstly it is her beauty. She is really a beautiful young woman and one of those beauties I have seen so far in my life. Secondly she is friendly and hospitable. She loves making friends and like to serve and thirdly her skill, skill in cooking.
She cooked delicious and tasty foods of several items for dinner on that day.
We three ate together.
Soon after having finished our eating there a power cut occurred. Nusrat was groping for a candle and a lighter. But before the candle and lighter being found by her I proposed them saying, "Let's go out and sit somewhere until power restores."
There is a small pond in front the house. We sat on its bank.
Six eyes of us were kept at its crystal water which was playing with ray of the moon creating a kind of smooth luster all around.
Nusrat took away her eyes, cast up to the moon and kept at for sometimes then said in exclamation, "See, what a beautiful moon it is!"
Yasin replied her saying, "This is why all wish to have it in their palms."
I did not utter even a single word. I preferred to remain silent for few more minutes to think and find out the truth in his word.
I found. I found what Yasin said was true.
Sometimes in life everyone falls in love with the moon.
It would be clearer if we go through the works of some creative peoples especially poets or writers.
Unlike other people especially poets and writers are always in love of the moon. The moon and moonlit night is one of the sources of their inspiration.
It came to my mind that at that very moment many poets and writers might be in work of writing poems, stories or novels.
In the meantime talking between them about the moon was getting intense. First I wanted to join them and continue the conversation. But a different thought overruled me.
I started speaking asking them a question, "Do you know why the people love moon and wish to have it in their hands?"
"Because it is beautiful," told Nusrat. Yasin followed her by saying, "It is attractive."
"Yeah this is the quality and this is why we love the moon, we all wish to have it in our hands though we all know the moon is unattainable." I paused for a while. Then I started speaking asking again another question, "What is gain wishing to have what is ever unattainable?"
I did not stop speaking for their answer, rather I continued speaking in answer, "We do it because we are fool."
They fell down from the sky as if I understood by observing their reaction. Yasmin attempted to say something but before that I spoke out again saying instead of wishing to have it in our hands we should be not exactly the moon but like moon. Yes, we can be as we have the same quality the Moon is having. Take its light as a quality to make the matter clear. The Moon is having light. We also have the same.
But what is our light? I asked a question and said in answer our light is our knowledge, our physical and mental power. The Moon is lovable to the people because it is generous to spread out its light all over the world under the sky. This is the point to ponder over. Like the Moon if we are generous and use our power to do good to the people then to them we would be lovable and desirable.
I wanted to stop speaking for the night and retire to bed but my mind was disagreed and pushing me again and again to go a little forward in sharing a Bible verse related to light.
"I have Bible in my smart phone," I told and brought out my phone from pocket. Then I started speaking again saying, "Let me show both of you a verse from here."
I found the book of Matthew 5:14 and read out "Ye are the light of the world."
To make clear its meaning I told, "This is what by saying Jesus classified all those who follow Him as light, light of the world."
That was all for the night and in next morning I left them.
I could not forget that night especially that very moment. It comes to my mind frequently and generates few questions to think about.
What did I do? Was that evangelism or just sowing seed under the ground?

© 2015 K C Milan


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

156 Views
Added on October 26, 2015
Last Updated on October 26, 2015

Author

K C Milan
K C Milan

Bogra, Rajshahi, Bangladesh



About
I am a Bangladeshi national, doing a job for a non-government but an international organization. I write news items for different online news especially for newsflavor.com I love writing. more..

Writing
WHO IS GOD? WHO IS GOD?

A Story by K C Milan