Written emblems

Written emblems

A Story by Kyera
"

A comparison of writing to other forms of self expression.

"

Why is it so difficult to transfer thoughts and feelings into a tangible form? For some reason they never seem to come out looking how you imagined or hoped. I struggle with the idea that it is so difficult to bring thoughts to life. I wonder if people who are practiced in specific methods of self expression are ever truly satisfied with the physical representation of their imagined masterpieces, or if there is always something not quite right. If I think about it in terms of self expression through physical activities I dont think athletes are ever entirely satisfied with their performance, if thats a comparable analogy. I'm coming to understand that one cause of frustration in the presentation of visual arts is due to the difference in the logical brain and the visual brain. The logical brain wants to recreate what an object is and relies on the symbols we have become accustom to to express the three dimensional properties in a two dimensional setting. However for adequate expression you need to use the visual brain to see lines and shapes and shades and let those create images with negative spaces and angles to express light and depth. And maybe that can be applied to other forms of expression as well. The words arent looking how you imagined them in your mind? Stop using symbols and familiarities that turn into regurgitation of what you think it should sound like. And start listening to the thoughts as they come one by one. Get out of the structure that you have been taught to produce. Just as to convey a round image on paper, you may need to give it points and edges, to convey a theory you may have to go on tangents, contradict yourself, or have no ending, no conclusive findings, maybe even no real point at all. But like how an artist learns proportion and perception as tools, a writer falls in love with his thesaurus to build up an artillery behind his self expression.

© 2014 Kyera


Know That I Too
We are never alone (a poem for mental health month)
FREE author website
Authors are creating beautiful personal websites with Myauthor.space for FREE! Try us before you spend $1000s of dollars

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This was short and interesting piece of art...

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

120 Views
1 Review
Added on February 25, 2014
Last Updated on February 25, 2014

Author

Kyera
Kyera

Victoria, Canada



About
Wanderer, adventurer, nature lover Biology Grad MA in Environmental Communications Every couple of years I feel compelled to write down some inner workings of my brain. Living the Wabi-sabi philos.. more..

Writing
Notebook Notebook

A Poem by Kyera


Hush Now Hush Now

A Poem by Kyera


The next fix The next fix

A Poem by Kyera