What's Her Face

What's Her Face

A Chapter by Kristan DeLong
"

Sara meets Matt's new girlfriend and explores her time on the friend zone.

"
It's been almost a week since Matt and I talked, and I'm proud of myself for it. This all started when I met his girlfriend, what's her face. Well, her name is really Tiffany. But I prefer to call her what's her face, since you know, the whole jealousy thing and all. At least, according to Matt it is jealously. If you ask me, it is just protective friendship. 
Tiffany and Matt went to the movie on Saturday, and then like Matt promised they met me at the ice cream shop down the street afterwards for a cone. Everything started out great. Matt was happy, I was happy, hell even Tiffany was happy. Before I go any further, let me give you some background on her, she's one of those 'I'm so pretty and proper' type of girls. The type you want to take out in the alley and pull all her hair out and punch in the gut. Like, overly happy. Well, like I said everything was going great. Matt, Tiffany and I were bonding and there was actually laughing involved. 
Well, Miss Happy Go Lucky needed to use the restroom. Of course, she needed me to go with her because she is one of those 'I can't go alone' type of people. When we get into the restroom she walks over to the mirror and starts fixing her makeup. As she is closing up her blush case she turns to look and me and says, "Look, what Matt and I have is great. I'd really appreciate it if you just didn't get in the way of our relationship." "Matt is my best friend. I am not going to stop talking to him just because he has a "girlfriend" now. But you have nothing to worry about, our friendship is just that-- a friendship." I rolled my eyes as I said it. Is she serious? 
"You're just so pretty, and I'm just afraid that if you two get any closer I will have to physically remove him from you and then break up with him." Tiffany says. Her logic makes no sense, but whatever. "You have nothing to worry about." I said and I opened the door and left Tiffany in the bathroom by herself. If I would have stayed in there any longer she probably would have wound up with a head in the toilet bowl as I flushed it. Is she really threatened by me? That's actually kind of awesome. I smile to myself as the thought crosses my mind but then immediately dismiss it and go back to the table. 
I'm sitting back at the table with Matt when Tiffany comes back out. "Why didn't you wait up, Sara? That was pretty rude." she contorts. Really? I'm the rude one, after all that, she's pathetic. "I'm sorry. I wasn't the one who needed to use the restroom so I felt no need to be in there." I replied. Tiffany looked pissed at that moment. She started going on and on about how I just left her there talking to herself, and some other crap that I'm only halfway listening to. Well anyway her yelling and crying left Matt no choice to leave with her and ditch me. So I'm all alone in the Dairy Queen while the two lovebirds are consoling each other and arguing about who is more feminine. 
I have not talked to Matt since. Almost a week later and I have had no one to talk to except my Dad who always just says, "uhuh, sure." to everything I say and pretends to listen. Unless talking to the cat counts, which in that case I have plenty of company. This week has just been a lonely week and I miss my best friend. I'm happy for him and what's her face, but I need him to! I feel like I am a million steps below friend zone, this is like the non-existent to Matt zone and I know I sound pathetic but, maybe I am. 


© 2014 Kristan DeLong


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

81 Views
Added on November 21, 2014
Last Updated on November 21, 2014
Tags: romantic, sappy love, friend zone, friendships


Author

Kristan DeLong
Kristan DeLong

Cheyenne, WY



About
Hi, I'm Kristan. I love to write, I've been writing since I was really little. Recently I have just started back up, so I'm sure there are new things for me to learn. I'm excited to show my talent and.. more..

Writing
Meet Sara Meet Sara

A Chapter by Kristan DeLong