The stars, oh how beautiful they are

The stars, oh how beautiful they are

A Story by keerthi_2810
"

A girl seeking refuge under the blanket of stars

"

It felt like the world was in cohorts and all at once opposing me. So many questions and thoughts and insecurities running around in my head, jumping from one place to another making it hard to contain them as these thoughts were so energetic as if high on caffeine. I just wanted them to stop, to press pause then after countless failed attempts, I looked up.

 

.........

 

It was so colourful.

I loved how messy and randomly scattered the stars were, as if shelves of various coloured paints thrashed onto the floor, one colour mixing with another. It looked like a wonderland. Suddenly my heavy breath slowed and cooled down as I sat on the wet grass which were dampening my pajama shorts. I stared mesmerised like a rowdy kid that discovered the wonders of a television. There were so many stars. Oh so many. That heaviness on my shoulders flew away and complete awe took its place. I felt so light. I couldn't remember the problems anymore, couldn't remember the tears. I don't know how long I sat there on that grass staring up at the sky, it felt like hours and at the same time it felt like seconds. Staring up at the timeless craftsmanship. I was so small in the swirling mass of colours and for once I was thankful for that. My neck started cramping up from the constant staring up at the sky. I walked away with hope in my heart and a smile on my face. What I'd give to have this feeling forever encompassed into a jar that I could readily open when in doubt, oh how I long for that. Light, I just felt so light. 

I was just a girl seeking refuge under the stars.

© 2016 keerthi_2810


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

96 Views
Added on January 22, 2016
Last Updated on January 22, 2016
Tags: stars, teenager, teenage, self-doubt, sky, universe, wonder, girl

Author

keerthi_2810
keerthi_2810

Surabaya, East Java, Indonesia



About
just an ordinary girl who likes to write more..

Writing