Going nowhere yet everywhere

Going nowhere yet everywhere

A Story by keerthi_2810
"

Delve into the mind of a confused and utterly boggled 17-year-old

"

I would force myself to get obsessed and involved with different aspects and ideas; not too long ago I started getting intrigued by stars and the sky and space in general. So my friends started saying how maybe space and the study of the universe could somehow be incorporated into my future career. Because of that comment, I started liking it more, almost forcing myself to unravel about space like a florist eager for his flowers to bloom and thus forcefully peeling them open and to no surprise they were not as beautiful as he expected them to be. Like the florist I cannot bully this "passion" into growing. I realised what I was doing and how desperate I was being. I was confused and sad and livid and so many more things, how I didn't have a passion or a knack for something like most find by this age. Now I realise that it’s okay, it's okay that I do not know what I want to make of myself. Just because I was born without a clear decision on the course of my life does not mean I will perform any less in the passion I will hopefully develop by maybe this year, next year or in the next decade. Who knows? It's okay that I'm scared of the inevitable. I read this quote somewhere and I found it very amusing, "how can you expect teenagers to make life decisions after they graduate when only a few months ago they had to ask permission to go to the restroom". Time is such a funny and confusing thing, and in time this "passion", this thing that I am destined to do will find me and hopefully I will accept it with open arms.

 

-Written by a half sleep-deprived girl at 11 pm on a Saturday night trying to avoid writing a general paper essay whilst listening to harry potter soundtracks. Sorry for the word vomit, I seem to do that a lot. 


The unknown

© 2016 keerthi_2810


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I understand the feeling, To pressure young teens to decide what they will do for the rest of there life is absolutely stupid. To make a 16 year old choose the path he will take for his life when he can barely decide what to eat for lunch is Ludacris and that's why I despise the education system with all my heart yet ironically enough I must accept it and do as they say since its the only way I can survive in this world.

Posted 8 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

124 Views
1 Review
Added on January 22, 2016
Last Updated on January 22, 2016
Tags: random, thoughts, confused, girl, future, unknown

Author

keerthi_2810
keerthi_2810

Surabaya, East Java, Indonesia



About
just an ordinary girl who likes to write more..

Writing