chapter's 1 and 2

chapter's 1 and 2

A Chapter by K. A. Shirley

Fay Stood at her kitchen window staring out at her child hood home. Calvin’s School for troubled Young, when her new friend and partner walked into their apartment. “Fay I found the perfect Job for us. One that will get us out of this hell whole for good.”

Fay and her partner did odd jobs for different crime lords. Neither of them liked it but this was how their world worked. If you were anything other than human it was almost impossible to get anywhere in the world. Fays partner reminded her of her child hood friend, Kayla so much that she had to wonder if it was Kayla in disguise. That was also apart of their world; Magic and disguises, you never really knew who someone was unless they decided to tell you. Fay smiled, “Whats the job? Who is it for?”

She gave Fay a crooked smile as she tightened her pony tail. “The two of us will be acting as students and one of the Elvin boarding schools here in town. Two of Callen Micollies charges have disappeared from the school and he wants to know what happened to them. One is believed to be dead and the other is a runaway.”

Fay closed her eye’s, “Jaylinn do you realize who Callen Miccollie is?”

Jaylinn shrugged, “The one that's going to get us out of this s****y place!”

Fay shook her head, no. “He is the most dangerous male of the Elvin species next to the King himself. If you betray him or back out of a job before its done you disappear. And once we work for him we don't work for anyone else. Your wanting us to take a job for the High Prince of Elves!”

Jaylinn licked her lips, “No i'm taking a job that will get us out of these s****y apartments and will get us somewhere in this s****y world. “She held her hands out, “It’s one job and a nice place to stay. Our tuition will be payed at this school and all the way through college. We will be able to come and go as we please as long as we get the information on his charges.”

Fay knew that this was a bad Idea, but she needed a change and she was desperate for the money. She took a deep breath, “Where is the meet and greet at?”

Jaylin gave Fay a wicked smile as she pointed out the Kitchen window straight at Calvin’s school. “We are supposed to meet Mr. Miccollie and the assistant Dean, Christian Silvonie at Calvin’s School for troubled Young.”

Fay sat Down heavily, “How many have come up missing from the school?”

Jaylinn frowned, “Technically just one. The other is a runaway. This is her third time taking off without a word. She has been gone the longest this time. They keep catching her and she just leaves again. Mr. Micollie wants to know what happened in the days before the first one left. He wants to know why she left. At the same time he wants to know why the second one keeps running away.”

Fay looked up at Jaylinn from where she sat, “What is the runaways name?”

She bit her lip, “We will find that information out at the meeting tonight.”

Fay closed her eyes as she remembered those last days at the Boarding School. Her friends laughter, the excitement of leaving the school on their own for the first time. Calvin's warnings of watching their backs, and Vanes threats. If Fay didn't disappear Vane would have her parents killed, turn Calvin over to the governments and then there was his threats against her friends. He would make her watch as the twins were executed for simply existing and he would keep Kayla for himself. She couldn't let any of that happen. So she did what she said and disappeared. She had been running ever since. She was barely fourteen years old and terrified for her friends and family. She closed her eyes, “What time do we need to be there?”

Jaylinn smiled, “Seven thirty tonight. Oh and Fay we cant be late Mr. Micollie cant stand tardiness.”

Fay couldn't help but smile, “So you have heard of him?”

Jaylinn gave her a goofy grin,“You can say that. I think I've met him twice, but i'm not completely sure that it was him. The first time was when my friend got stupid and ran-away. The second time was when I ran, trying to prove that my friend was alive. Mr Micollie was the one that caught me and drug me back home. He went off on me telling me that I wasn't safe outside of the school. That I had to stay put because there were people that would use me to get to him.” She crossed her arms as if she was hugging herself, “Callen Micollie is my so called Father.”

Fay didn't know what to say at first. Then she shook her head, “Jaylinn if he is your father then why are you taking this Job?”

What better place to hide then right under his nose? Besides I need to know what happened to my friend. Why she left without a single word? No note, nothing to give any of us a clue as to what was going through her head.”

She seemed to be reliving her friends disappearance, “Jaylinn I will help you in anyway that I can, but there are reasons to why I don't go near that school. When we do this we have to be very careful that no one finds out that I am there. If I’m caught at that school my family, my friends are dead.”

Jaylinn nodded, “No one will know that your there, not until its time, I promise.”

Fay and Jaylinn talked for a few more minutes then went and packed their bags in the hopes that they wouldn't be coming back to the apartment ever again. After an hour passed there was a knock on the front door. Fay turned to Jaylinn, “Are you expecting anyone?”

No i’m not.” She cocked her nine millimeter and went and stood on the other side of the door. Fay looked through the peep whole and saw two males that she recognized but never thought she would see again. Fay pointed at the door then switched places with Jaylinn. Jaylinn looked through the peep whole and started cussing, “Well this job just went to hell. That's Dain and Torrin Micaster. I’ve never been able to get a disguise past Dain. That fool is a pain in my a*s!”

Fay closed her eyes, “Step into another room. I’ll deal with them.” These two were trouble and she had to get rid of them and fast. They knocked again and this time she answered, “Can I help you?”

Dain smiled while Torrin stood there acting like a tough a*s as usual, “Were here to escort Jaylinn and her partner to the school.”

She tilted her head back so that she could look six foot seven inches tall Torrin in the eyes, “Wait here and ill go get Jaylinn. Just make yourself comfortable.”

Jaylinn was pacing in her already to small room when Fay walked in, “Dain will know who I am the minute I walk out of this room. I’ve never been able to get past him. I’m sorry Fay but I have to back out. I cant do this.”

Fay grabbed her by the shoulders, “No you don’t. Let yourself get caught, I'll take the job and find out what happened to your friend. Lets get out of this place.”

After Jaylinn pulled herself together they walked out of the bedroom, and to where Dain and Torrin were waiting, Jaylinn smiled at Dain, “Well, lets get going. We don't want to keep Mr. Micollie waiting.”

The males walked out of the apartment without saying a word. Fay shrugged, “I guess were supposed to follow them?”

Jaylin clapped her hands and gave a sarcastic, “Yay us!”



Chapter 2

Once they were in Torrin’s Dodge Charger Dain turned around in his seat, “I hope that the two of you can do some acting.”

Fay cocked her head to the side, “What’s that supposed to mean?”

Torrin frowned, “It means that blondie will be playing the part of the runaway being drug home once again and you shorty will be the friend come back from the dead. we’re hoping that this will draw out who ever wished to harm the females and to see if their friends know more than what they are saying.”

Fay chewed on her bottom lip, “What names will we be going by?”

Dain gave Jaylinn a strange look, “Blondie will be acting as Kayla the annoying pain in my a*s. And you will be acting as Feonna the pain in my brothers a*s.”

Torrin shook his head, “Feonna wasn't that bad, trouble just seemed to find her where ever she went. Especially if Kayla, the twins, and Missy was with her. Those five together were trouble and impossible to keep safe.”

Fay hid her smile. That was probably the nicest thing that Torrin had ever said to her, well about her, “So we’re supposed to act like these females. To the point of even fooling their friends. And we’re supposed to act up?”

Dain took a deep breath, “Gods help us, but yes you are. Every time we drug Kayla back she has kicked our a*s’s, hell she even tried to kick Micollies a*s.”

Jaylinn gave Dain a wicked grin, “This just might be fun. I mean who has ever been given permission to kick Micollies guard butts and get a way with it.”

Dain groaned, as Torrin laughed, “Just remember that we can and will wale back.” He handed them disguise chips, “Put these on and remember to stay in character until we tell you otherwise. We need the staff and students to see us bring you in.”

Fay smiled at who she now knew was her old friend Kayla, “That shouldn't be a problem. Just one more question. How would Feonna react to Kayla getting her caught?”

Torrin turned to Fay with sad eyes. That was something that she hadn't expected, “She would have tried to help Kayla until she realized the she couldn't stop us from hauling her a*s back to the school then she would have turned on Kayla.”

Who she now knew to be Kayla smiled at her sheepishly, as she groaned, “Lets get this over with.”

They started fighting and screaming the minute Torrin and Dain opened the doors. Before Dain knew what hit him Kayla had him on the ground. She had straddled his waist and was punching him in the face. Torrin shook his head, “That female has a lot of pent up aggression in her. She does this to him every time.”

Fay stopped mid kick and looked at Torrin, “Wait you know who she is?”

He grabbed her arms and pulled them behind her then then pulled her over to where Kayla was still kicking Dain's a*s. “Shorty, everyone knows who she is. Micollie knew who she was the minute she took the job. If this is the only way to keep her home then he will take it. The two of you still have a job to do so keep up the act.”

Fay growled, “Kayla I told you that I couldn't come back here. I am going to kill you as soon as I kick this idiots a*s.”

She stopped punching Dain, “Its going to be okay! Please trust me on this.”

Dain flipped Kayla over on to her back, “Stop hitting me and don't you dare head butt me!”

Fay kicked Kayla in the shin just as Dain was pulling her to her feet. “Why didn't you tell me who you were from the beginning. Why lie to me?” She really did want to choke the life out of Kayla. If they already knew who Kayla was it wouldn't take them long to figure out who she was.

Kayla shook her head, “you would have ran yet again. I didn't see any other way and neither did our friend.”

The brothers pulled them down the driveway and up the front steps to the front door where the high prince was waiting along with Christian and Vane. Kayla started to fight when she saw Micollie standing there, Fay raised her eyebrows at her, “Where is my Uncle?”

Kayla looked away from Fay, “He hasn't been around much since you left!”

Fay took a deep breath as she faced the three males, “Feonna it is nice to see that your alive and well. Your parents have been notified and will arrive shortly.” Kayla swallowed as he turned to her, “We had a deal child, did we not?”

Fay watched as Kayla put all of her strength into pushing Dain Back, “Yeah we had a deal!”

And what was that deal?”

Kayla frowned, “I stay put and you stay out of my life!”

He took a step toward her, “What happens now that you broke it?”

Kayla rolled her eyes, “Your going to be attached to my hip. Your going to try to act like a father.”

He smiled at her, “Oh but there is no try to it! I am your father and you are going to learn some respect.” he looked at Torrin and Dain, “take them to my office and wait for me there.”

They pushed the two females into the hallway with its white washed walls and pictures of past students. Then they came to what used to be Calvin's office. Fay really wanted to know where Calvin was but she couldn't give herself away. She looked at Kayla, “What happened to the male that used to run this place?”

Dain stiffened as Torrin opened the office door, “How is that any of your concern?”

Once the were in the office and the door was shut Torrin let Fay go although Dain still held onto Kayla’s arm, “It’s my concern because, he helped me in the past.”

Torrin turned me toward him, “Be careful of asking about the Micheals. Micollie will explain everything as soon as its safe.”

What am I missing?”

Kayla plopped down, “You’ll see soon enough. Hell i’m hoping that they will finally tell me the truth.”

Torrin rolled his eyes just as Micollie walked in with two hooded figures, “Kayla we have told you what you needed to know to bring Feonna home.” He looked fay in the eyes, “We’ve known who you were and where you were at for sometime now. You’ve actually worked for me, alongside Torrin and Dain multiple times.”

Fay glared at Kayla, “You were in on this? Why not just tell me what was going on?” Fay was exhausted, she rubbed her temples, “Where is my uncle at? I want to speak with him, now!”

Micollie stepped up to her, “I happen to know for a fact that you were raised with better manors. I suggest you use them or don't speak!”

Fay clamped her mouth shut. She knew that she wasn't about to use any kind of manors and he was the freaking High Prince. One of the hooded figures stepped in between them. “Now Callen the child has been gone for some time. Its very understandable that she would want to know about her family.”

The high prince looked at Fay, “Your parents and uncle will meet us at the cabin.” He took a deep breath, “As for why were going through all of this bull s**t, we need to know who is helping Vane. Why he forced you to leave and to keep you safe. We have known where you were at from the moment that Mac and Jake took you in off the streets. Once they gained your trust and you told them everything they came to your uncle with all of the information. We knew that you wouldn't have left your friends behind if you could have helped it. And one of them, actually all but one of them wouldn't give up on you.” HE pointed at Kayla, “This one kept putting herself in danger trying to find you. She just wouldn't let the adults handle it.” Kayla flipped him off and he shook his head, as he ignored her, “Now you child are going to be our bait. You are going to go to class and join your friends until we know who is helping Vane. Do you understand?”

Fay cracked her neck, “You want me to walk around with a target on my back. What your not getting is that it wasn't me that he threatened. It was Kayla, the twins, my parents and my uncle. Do you want to know what he wants to do to your daughter. Hell she was safer with me out on the streets. He wants to have my parents and the twins executed, to turn my uncle over to the Mega’s and keep Kayla for himself. That's why I ran, that’s why I stayed away. Whats to keep him from doing just that? Who is going to keep the twins and Kayla safe? Who is going to keep my parents and uncle alive?” Fay closed her eyes. She was about to tell her only secret, “I’ll do it on one condition, You get my son, Kayla, and the twins somewhere safe and ill do what ever you want. Just don't let him get to them.”

Micollie smiled, “That wont be a problem, Jacob is already on his way to the Cabin. If he isn't already there. The twins and Kayla will go with us to the cabin as well.”

Fay blinked up at him, “Wait, you know about Jacob? My parents…” she shook her head, “Yeah that's not creepy at all.”

One of the hooded figures started to laugh, “Yes they know about rambunctious Jacob. He loves to torture Calvin and your father. you’ll see what I mean.”

Who are you?” She pointed at Callen, “I'm not being rude so don't start. I just want to know how she knows my son?”

The hooded female laughed again, “This one is smarter than average.”

Fay rolled her eyes, “What happens now?”

Micollie sighed now we load you, Kayla, Missy and the twins up in separate vehicles and we go to the Cabin. After that we will see.”







© 2018 K. A. Shirley


Author's Note

K. A. Shirley
Please let me know what you think of the story line. This is a ruff draft of the first two chapters and i am still working on it. Any advise is apreciated.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Documentation
4/6/18
12:56 PM U.S. CST
"My Review of Chapter's 1 and 2 by K.A. Shirley, A Fellow Writer's Café Author"
by PB Jacobs (www.writerscafe.org)

Happy PM, K.A.!

My Chapter 1 Review of Your Piece
Well, your work give's me a "Grandmother Tree from Pochahontas" kind of mental and mind-level impression. Yeah, someone, somewhere will bank my snippet comments such as this, only to get screwed, as my a*s is covered. That's why I type thing's like this, just so you know. Besides, if things like this are out in the open, I have nothing to worry about.

Yeah, some people just don't get reality, as they are too busy wallowing in Economic and Utilitarian Insanity! Such is life. I'll screw them, all the same, if need be.

Dude, why do you buddy your paragraphs together? Just asking.

I'd go into a big speal about why I'm mentioning this, but it's your piece, and therefore, it's your thing, but it is kind of a nuisance, if you ask me. But that's just me. Yeah, I have a Daddy's Tissue Complex going on, just so you know, and I assure you, it's not me. Hmmmm......

So your an Annie Oakley of Author's, huh? Suits me just fine.

Good for you!

PB Jacobs



Posted 6 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Stats

95 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on April 5, 2018
Last Updated on April 5, 2018


Author

K. A. Shirley
K. A. Shirley

Judsonia, AR



About
I am a 36 year old writer. I tend to write adventure, fantasy, and SciFi, along with some romance. I am currently working on several Novels the most recent being the Hidden Chronicles. more..

Writing