Loud Silence on Quiet Mornings

Loud Silence on Quiet Mornings

A Story by Kels-Ace
"

I just woke up...

"

The rosy-hued fingers of the sun race across the horizon to touch my face, pulling me away from grey, formless dreams. Unsure whether I am ready to greet the day, I lay silent, indulging in the cotton warmth of the duvet. The world is silent; beautifully, intoxicatingly at peace.

  
I tentatively open an eye to glance at the golden smile of the sun and see the mist hugging the ground tippy-toeing away, uttering angry whispers at the heat. A few dewdrops lend the waking grass their diamond brilliance, green and glitter a showcase of Mother Nature's beauty.

  
I sigh contently, and see the world heave with me. For it, too, is enjoying the splendours of what this Morning brings. Sleep tugs at me once more, but I fight the urge, as I know that even Dreamland could not offer me the serenity of this moment.

  
For a few minutes more I enjoy the loud silence on this quiet morning, before the caffeinated promise of being wide-awake beckons me to the kitchen and I get up, the lingering feeling of wonder trailing on my thoughts...

© 2015 Kels-Ace


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

In most of all I have read today, this took me to where I needed to be.
"Feel the world heave with me" I felt that pull.
Wonderful write.

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

113 Views
1 Review
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on April 11, 2015
Last Updated on April 11, 2015
Tags: morning, beauty, feeling

Author

Kels-Ace
Kels-Ace

Pretoria, South Africa



About
I love writing - is there anything more to say than that, on a place like this? We're both posting here, so somewhere, somehow there is a little bit of me in you, and a little bit of you in me. Such i.. more..

Writing