Hatred Within

Hatred Within

A Poem by Kelz

 

Hatred Within
 
You stand in front of me, ready for your judgement
It’s hard for me to look at you
Disgust emanates from my every pore
Yes, it’s easy to look shameful
You weak and filthy w***e
 
Start thinking before you speak
Start looking before you leap
 
You cry in front of me, I can’t see you through the haze
Don’t stand there feeling sorry for yourself
I HATE YOU!
YOU DISGUST ME!
You deserve to lose your health
 
GO ON!, go get another drink, will that make it all go away?
Will that make you deserving of another day?
 
You turn and walk away, I no longer see your face
The mirror now reflecting just a cold and empty space
 

© 2009 Kelz


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

The distaste flowing from your mouth in the first stanza, is flawless.. resentment, at its finest hour.. well penned!!

Posted 12 Years Ago


You write with such power, use language like a whirlwind scream of pain

Those last two lines are a tragedy .. (Kelz)

Posted 13 Years Ago


A bold and powerful piece.
wrestling with ones judgement
and who's to say is quite
compelling..Nicely done Kelz...

Posted 13 Years Ago


Another very dark peice. I hope it wasn't a reflection of your own esteem, your very good.

Posted 14 Years Ago


wow that was niice and intense, writing can be such a good form of release.. I'm glad you could share this with the world.

Posted 14 Years Ago


I wrote something in these lines I will post it if I find it, I really like your work.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Oh Wow I remember this one, that is cause you write stuff worth remembering, of coarse now I can read it knowing what it is about and that only makes it more powerful and emotionally intense.

Posted 14 Years Ago


To look deeply within and have a very revealing talk with ourselves. It takes true courage to look in the mirror and really see what it reflects. The mirror does not lie, but it is a cold emotionless object, that can only imitate what we present to its silvery, smooth surface. A finely dressed woman with jewels can stand in front of the same mirror, lips curved in the warmest smile and that is the same picture is will cast back of her. The cold, calculating heart will not show. A w***e? Did you mistakenly get caught up in the moment and allow yourself to walk a path that you might not have normally chosen? Sometimes we compensate for other areas of our life by loving too freely. The reflections we leave on life are much more important than what the heartless mirror shows. You become the eye of the beholder when looking into its depths. Decide why you see yourself this way and try to correct it. I know this is probably just a poem and not truly you. I do not mean to imply this by using the word "you."

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

407 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 11, 2009

Author

Kelz
Kelz

Scotland, United Kingdom



About
Hi, I'm a Scott's lass and love to express myself through the power of word. I see the world through an open mind and am not afraid to share the darkness I have encountered. I search for the truth and.. more..

Writing
Dark Angel Dark Angel

A Poem by Kelz



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


3 A.M. 3 A.M.

A Poem by justice


Linger Linger

A Poem by Robin