The Chase

The Chase

A Story by هل كيندل
"

A girl is trapped, chased. HE approaches. What will she do?

"
Magnifique's heart pounded. How had he found her? Desperately, she dashed behind a dumpster filled with putrefying garbage. Her mind was crystal clear; she knew what she had to do.

She quietly pulled herself into an upright position preparing to run. Magnifique watched as a group of teenagers wandered past. "Do they know of struggle going on? Did they realize that a serious game of cat and mouse was taking place?" As these thoughts flashed through her head, Magnifique launched herself across the pavement. Her tennis shoes gave her traction and she ran faster than she had ever run before; her breath coming in painful gasps.

Suddenlyl, he appeared behind her. Adrenaline shot through her system, propelling her through the air. She know she had him beat. His rotund body was much slower than her lithe agile one. With in seconds she reached the safe house; he couldn't get her here. With a triumphant grin, Magnifique exploded through the white picket gate and into her yard. This was the best game of tag ever!!

© 2012 هل كيندل


Author's Note

هل كيندل
This is a story that is supposed to take you on a ride, but when you read it again I want you to be able to tell that a small child is thinking these thoughts and playing this game. If there is any words that need changed or even a situation that needs added tell me. Thanks in advance.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

188 Views
Added on July 23, 2012
Last Updated on August 20, 2012
Tags: Running, tag, girl, guy, man, woman, teenagers, house, safety, children

Author

هل كيندل
هل كيندل

The Most Redneck, Hillbilly, and SMALL, small town you have ever seen., ID



About
I am simply a fledgling writer, reader, and reviewer. Reading is my hobby, but writing is my passion. The focus of any work I present will be to hear critiques and to improve upon my writing. I wil.. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by هل ك..