Earth's Exit

Earth's Exit

A Chapter by Gabriel Young

I looked down at my right arm and I could tell that I was in some sort of suit.  Grey in color, and some sort of weird mesh fabric.  Unlike anything I had seen before.  My arms were locked in my large metal clamps, and as the vision came to fruition, I realized that I was sitting in a pod.  I looked towards Joe sitting next to me and already his face was changing, he was also locked in place wearing the same uniform.  I could see his much better; we had patches on our shoulders with gold wings overarching a white triangle.  No words were said, but I could almost hear Joe’s thoughts “Stay calm, we are meant to do this.”  As my eyes locked onto Joe’s, his face began to change, his ears became narrow and pointy almost elvish in character.  His eyes broadened, and skin became iridescent with blueish green scales forming.  I was scared to say the least, but I felt a sense of duty to the cause.  We were doing this for someone else, that someone; I had no clue who it was. 


            As my vision widened, I realized there were hundreds of us, all in pods.  I had deduced that we were on some sort of space shuttle, a UFO type structure to be exact.  I only knew this because the pods were forming a large circular pattern, almost like we were position on the inside of the outside shell of a disc.  Suddenly, the lights kicked on in the center of the disc, and I felt an unnerving sensation of gravity pushing me back against my pod.  The space shuttle was taking off!!! No, no, no! Where are we going!  Terrified, I began to breathe fast and erratically, I looked over at Joe and he had a calming smile on his face, without words being spoke I heard in my mind “Relax, your waking up.”             


For a moment, I thought that I had somehow broken through the earthly plane and this was our actual reality.  Much like the matrix, we are all just aliens on a space shuttle traveling through to start a life on a new planet.  As my new reality set in, one of the aliens came up and unlocked my arm clamps.  He grabbed my hand, and began to speak “Shake it off man!”  I shook my head frantically back and forth, back and forth, with my eyes closed.  When I opened my eyes, there was Donnie right in front of my face, grasping my hand.  He laughed and said “Eagle one, come in eagle one!” 


“Cocoon!” I yelled, and Joe heartily laughed.  “Wew! Damn! I really thought we were leaving the planet there for a minute.”  I looked over at Joe and said, “Damn dude, this is some good stuff.”  I went over to Donnie and thanked him for pulling me out of my vortex.  I had lost myself for a minute there, I forgot that I was even on acid and really believed I was on a space shuttle.  I called out “Scooter! Scooter!” he just jumped in my lap and started licking my face.  I laughed like a little school girl, I was so happy to see him, to know he was alright, to know that I was alright.  I stood up and shook my arms and legs, trying to shake the insanity out of my body one way or another..  Ahh, just shake that s**t off!


I looked down at my watch, 2:30 AM just about two hours since first taking the acid.  I knew damn well, I had another four hours to go and to be honest I just wanted to safety of my own campsite.  Scooter jumped up and down, hitting me in the chest with his paws.  I said “You ready to go boy?”  He took off running towards the exit of the campsite as if to signal to me time to go home.  “OK boy, we will go home in a little while.” I said.  I knew the next shift would be along within the next ten to fifteen minutes and wanted to try and make it to our campsite before another wave hit.


Joe looked up from his lounge chair, he was almost sad to see us getting ready to leave but Donnie agreed, it was time to get back to our wives.  We had left them at the campsite alone, and its best we go check on them.  We said our goodbyes, and we thanked the gentlemen for their charity.  As I reached for my flashlight, Joe spoke up:


“Just remember Gabe, the most important part about an acid trip is to remember that your on acid.  If you just know it’s the drugs making you hallucinate then you can control your trips and really have a good time with them.  Just relax! You’re going to have an amazing night!”           

 As I walked away from Joe and Derrick, there was a bit of sadness inside my heart.  They were good-hearted people; those guys weren’t that bad.  Funny how society may consider them to be menaces, getting people high and all.  I saw through that, both were givers and one was a traveler like myself.  Ready for the adventure, if it so bemuses itself.  As Donnie and I walked to the main path and took a sharp right, we flashed on our lights and it was about that time that I heard the planes flying overhead, the bullets whizzing by my ears.  I had shifted, and this didn’t look good.


© 2018 Gabriel Young


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

51 Views
Added on May 24, 2018
Last Updated on May 24, 2018