"My Body & I" Khatoon Hazara ||| 7:53pm, Tues. 3/26/19

"My Body & I" Khatoon Hazara ||| 7:53pm, Tues. 3/26/19

A Poem by FaeryQueen
"

ts'ed

"

---



"My Body & I" Khatoon Hazara ||| 7:53pm, Tues. 3/26/19



See it awakens the senses, the way the scent of the world just... overtakes you


How the softest petals stay on their respective counterparts', how the strongest of wills drop straight down into a mangy alleyway.



They can't feel you know, cant you tell? 


<they've been sober for so long, their dampened wings miss the fringe of the blade against their throats.>



But you cannot feel my pain, not unless you close your eyes and tell me... can you tell me my name had I asked you what it was; a complete stranger?



Why, I am but a visitor in my own body, so this will not surprise you; even I sometimes cannot remember my name, did you know?



Here lies the awakened goddess, were she privy to her own thoughts we may never know, but she was quite the light... Did you ever think you'd ever get the chance to meet her? HOW DARE YOU ASSUME SUCH THINGS, WHEN NOT EVEN SHE HAD THE PLEASURE TO MEET HERSELF! WHEN NOT EVEN SHE KNEW WHAT IT WAS LIKE TO KNOW HER!



But now- see now- my body hurts, it has for a while and I am so afraid that if I rest- dare I to even blink- I'll fall in a deep stare- a state filled with the very empty that threatens to take my life.



I am not sorry, I will not drive myself to that level... for if i do, I will succumb to every demeaning thing there is to demean me by- and I am so afraid of losing myself again-not that i found myself the first time around.

© 2019 FaeryQueen


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

15 Views
Added on July 26, 2019
Last Updated on July 26, 2019