Compartment 114
Compartment 114
Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
“Daffodil Lullabies: Poppy Seeds” - Khat

“Daffodil Lullabies: Poppy Seeds” - Khat

A Poem by FaeryQueen
"

i miss it here....

"

“Daffodil Lullabies: Poppy Seeds”

.

.

.

.

.

What could I do but get so enraged by your games; oh, is it my fault again?

.

Am I blaming you for all my mistakes?

Oh, it’s my fault again�"

It’s clearly my turn to take out the trash, and I’ll go�"just let me have one more kiss…

Before you let my hand slip away from you…

.

Out of the palace and into the shed, I’ve always wanted an ear to bend… tell me your weakness�"I’ll give you my strength… oh but please if you lose interest, at least try, and pretend…

.*.

For 14 minutes, tell me you love me again…

For 14 minutes, take my hand and hold it and tell me your secrets; for 14 minutes, just give me direction, coz if it must end�"don’t say it right away, at least not for another 14 minutes….

[]

Tell me I’m not beautiful�"ease me in slow, tell me you found nothing for you to row this boat. Tell me its hopeless and tell me that we’re screwed�"we’ll never find a way for us to make it through.

[]

And tell me that I’m worthless, like all my lovers’ do, coz honey, I’ll never make another 13 minutes with the likes of you.

[]

Oh, don’t be so kind to me, don’t you be so drab… don’t take this away from me; you’re picking at the scab.

You’re making your rounds, inside this hollow shell, don’t loiter, don’t mess around with this vessel straight from hell.

.*.

I’ll never make it on my own or didn’t you hear?

Yes, I need no man- no, not in here//… tell me about your greatness- go on and puff up your chest, coz I live to deflate you- coz you know you’re worthless too.

.

Have you seen my hollow hole?

The one beneath all that gold?

Did you hear me crying out, “what if I could mend this bout?”

Apparition overdrive- you meant to watch this life go by,

Nothing ventured, nothing gained

That’s what I am living for; to feed the pain

.*.

Hey now- haughty stranger, pull down the blinds…we almost made it to a month you know- that was quite nice.

All my fears are solidifying, mimicking ice- but colder than the coldest 6-sided dice.

[]

How much more of this can I take?

9 more minutes and then 9 more days… if it’s the end of us, don’t you stay- baby, jump in the water; face your fate.

.

.

.

.

Know that I get paranoid and know that I get quite scared, know that most of my secrets end up mentally impaired. Know that the sun is shining on the other side, I won’t get held up by your incredulous goodbyes.

 

© 2021 FaeryQueen


Author's Note

FaeryQueen
this issue that's stated in the poem has already been resolved!!

hello my cafe friends! how have you been, sigh, I'm collecting works from here and publishing them into a book.

I've missed you all! I'm more active on poetizer, a mobile app, but will def be here for laptop poems as well!!

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

61 Views
Added on March 20, 2021
Last Updated on March 20, 2021
Tags: poetry, love, lover, couple, romance, letter, love letter, i love you, i miss you, i need you, come, come here, hug, shelter, warmth, warn, holy, god, worship