Dil

Dil

A Story by Sanah Banana

 

 

 

 

 

 

 Pal bhar mein kaise badalte hain rishte...

 In the space of a moment, how relationships alter

 


 

‘aaj hai jo peheli na thi dil ki haalat aisi’

 

Condition of heart today was never experienced before

 

Prologue

 

Be-gin-ning �" noun: the point in time or space which something starts. When you ask a couple when their story started you had better take a seat because surely it will be a long romantic story with the usual ingredients, boy meets girl, they fall in love. That’s great but what happens if the story is not at all like that, if the beginning is not as easy to mark as say Romeo and Juliette, then what?  I’m not so sure about the beginning but of the end well I know that part like the back of my hand. It’s strange how different relationships can influence who you become, change things that you never knew even existed and open a whole new world of experiences that you never even knew where capable of occurring. Imagine your average awkward looking 17 year old that’s me just with added drama only because otherwise I couldn’t really call myself Asian.                                  My mother has this terrible habit , in fact scratch that, all woman  in my family have this irritating habit of matchmaking us girls with anything that moved I suppose it’s just the Asian in them or perhaps it’s the pressure of us western girls ‘forgetting our roots’ like Aaliyah from around the corner god forbid and tainting the family name and so the best thing to do would be to ship us off home or hitch us to some backward cousin who would teach us how to be women( whatever that means) anyway because of this family reunions would be unbelievably painful and I’m not just referring to the pinching of cheeks by ‘aunts’ you’ve never even met before I’m talking about the awkward moments when my mother would say ‘Behti, have you met... Those four words were enough to send chills down my spine.  So to reduce the risk of getting hitched with a random freshie from ‘back home’ I would try my best to avoid such social gatherings.

I remember it was the third day after I had arrived from London. A Sunday when I first met him, I had just finished showering and my hair was still soaking I had absolutely no idea anybody was coming over but in preparation for more family rounds later that day my mother had forced me out of my tracksuit bottoms and into a decent looking pair of jeans and white shirt. Standing in the front room I roughly began to dry my hair, a sweet giggle immerged from somewhere behind me, turning around I realised were it was coming from. There in front of me stood a tall, dark an unbelievably handsome guy cradling a little baby girl, he looked familiar I just couldn’t work out where I had seen him from. I didn’t have much of a chance to really look because I soon realised my cheeks were beginning to burn, I stood in disbelief  ... I never blushed what was going on?  

Not wanting to spend another moment to find out I span around so fast I felt a little dizzy and ran toward the bathroom. I stood in front of the mirror appalled with the image in front of me rather than my usual complexion I suddenly had what looked like a splash of pink paint spread across my face.   I’m not going to delude you and claim I fell in love with him at first sight because to be totally honest with you I don’t believe in such claims so it would be wrong of me to say so even though I knew there was something special about him love hadn’t crossed my mind splashing my face with ice cold water I decided that  I had more pressing matters on my mind such as locating the nearest corner shop, I hadn’t had a bar of chocolate in 24 hours and I was begging to lose my mind!
I wondered off to find my brother amongst all the chaos he was the only one that seemed normal and that was definitely saying something.                               ‘Zaina, Zaina!,’ her voice echoed through the house. She had guest again I hoped that the guy from the morning had disappeared but as I turned into the sitting room there he was again! I was so tempted to run for it but after the lecture on my anti social behaviour that morning I decided against it, and instead to play the ever so obedient daughter role.  ‘Come and sit here. . meet Yusuf she smiled wrapping her arms around me now to the other people on the room it probably looked like a loving gesture only I was sure it was to keep me from running toward the door.

© 2011 Sanah Banana


Author's Note

Sanah Banana
this is just the beginning of something, tell me if its got potential ?

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Highly appreciated your way of writing..and viewed a nice future in writing Keep it up dear young writer all the best..

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

115 Views
1 Review
Added on October 31, 2011
Last Updated on October 31, 2011

Author

Sanah Banana
Sanah Banana

London, United Kingdom



About
Im a 17 year old sixth for student, with a passion for writing. Im not so good with expressing my emotions orally.. in fact it makes me quite nervous just thinking about that.. i prefer to write how i.. more..

Writing
Trapped Trapped

A Story by Sanah Banana


Dad Dad

A Story by Sanah Banana