Butterscotch, Apples, Oranges, and a Hint of Truffle Chocolates

Butterscotch, Apples, Oranges, and a Hint of Truffle Chocolates

A Chapter by The Faux Loner

"B-Butterscotch? H-Hermione… It smells… It smells… The scent…" Thatcher whispered incoherently, unable to make sentences which made the least bit of sense. He held out his hands and tripped his way to Hermione, who had started backing away with wide eyes.

"Now, now Thatcher, that's the potion affecting you. J-Just stay where you-" Hermione's urgent voice was cut off as Thatcher wrapped his arms around her pulling her close, as if she would have run away (Lets just ignore the fact that she probably would have). She began to struggle with all her might, muffled sounds emitting from Thatcher's chest as she swore vengeance upon a now pale Lisa.


A strong, tantalizing smell of apples and a subtle orange hit Draco's nose, crumbling his brain to pieces. He took deep, shuddering breathes trying to inhale it all in. His eyes had closed, his entire being focused on the teasing aroma that filled the air.


He opened his eyes which suddenly seemed determined, maybe to find the source. He scrambled (although Malfoy's don't scramble, we can safely say he had done so due this brain having crumbled) from underneath a table, which had been his refuge during the explosion.

His clear grey eyes looked around and found the blue ones of Emma. He stood, grabbed her arm and buried his face in her neck, much to the shock and discomfort of the latter. After taking a deep breathe, he pushed her away murmuring, "Butterscotch? Bah!"


He turned to survey the room and saw a certain Professor sitting drooling on his chair. Three pairs of legs could be seen from under one table. Purple muck partially covered the ceiling, the walls and the floor. A pale looking girl had just gotten out from behind a table, her gaze fixed on a struggling mass of brown hair in that Badger's arms.


As Draco's eyes found the object of Lisa's gaze, his knees almost buckled. It was her. The frighteningly alluring waft of apples and the seductive smell of oranges were coming from her.


"Let. Me. Go!" An irritated muffled voice commanded Thatcher, who took absolutely no notice and had started inhaling Hermione's hair, his hands placed on either side of her face.

The fragrance called out to Draco, urging him forward.


"Didn't you just hear what she said?!" He snarled. "Let her go!"


Hermione's head whipped around at the sound, as much as she could considering the fact that Thatcher still held her tightly. Thatcher's reaction was, however, different. He gripped Hermione tightly with one arm, turned to Draco and sneered, the action probably his first time.

"You want to steal her from me?! You'll have to go through me to get her!" He said his voice now low and dangerous. Draco's eyes narrowed as he whipped out his wand.


"A pity." He said his voice dripping in barely hidden sarcasm. Thatcher took out his wand too and held it out, ready to kill.


"Enough!" Hermione screeched. She brandished her wand from nowhere and yelled "Stupefy!" pointing at a surprised Draco. Unprepared, the spell hit him square in the chest and he fell back, limp.


Thatcher gave out a laugh, "I told you she was mine, ferre-" His voice was, however, cut off as Hermione turned to him and barely three seconds later he was passed out next to Draco. She took a deep breathe trying to calm down before remembering the culprit of this mess.

"Lisa Bones!" She snapped. Lisa flinched and stood in attention. "I told you to be careful! You know very well what adding an extra drop does to the potion, but you were too impatient to finish. This is not a quality I expect from an intelligent girl like you! Ten points from Ravenclaw!" She scolded lashing out her fury. Lisa merely nodded looking at her feet, suddenly very afraid of the usually calm Hermione Granger. "Professor! Can you fix this?!" Hermione's attention turned to Slughorn (much to the relief of a certain Eagle). She frowned at the gibbering mass of putty Slughorn had become.


"Truffle chocolates… Do you smell that?" He muttered. His eyes suddenly focused on Hermione. "H-Hermione… The smell… Is that you?" He asked.


Hermione shuddered and fled from the dungeons. Oh what a mistake that was.



© 2013 The Faux Loner


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

118 Views
Added on August 16, 2013
Last Updated on August 16, 2013