In My Minds Eye: Prolouge

In My Minds Eye: Prolouge

A Story by TheShAdE
"

Cant describe it in under 200 words without leaving out important info or good hooks so you just have to take a shot in the dark. Who knows you might just come back with gold.

"

Please father!

You have shamed me be gone!

Vanessa!

Where is my mother!

help me!

Vanessa!

Give me another chance!

I said get out!

Please!

It’s ….. So… cold…

I launch myself out of bed panting, sweating and blinking furiously to get the images out of my mind. That was the seventh nightmare this month and they seemed to be getting worse. The academy had trained me for nightmares but these were… different. They felt so real that I had to jump into a hot shower to get rid of the chilling sensation completely.

I rested my head against the tiled walls of my bathroom and let the hot water trickle down my back and warming my spine and easing strained muscles.

My twenty first birthday was coming up in a few days and who was I goanna spend it with. Ding! Ding! You guessed it no one.

I sighed and began shampooing my ink black hair trying to work out all the kinks and tangles I’d acquired from sweat and training.

Not that I cared if I spent it alone. It’s been like that for as long as I can remember. Still even the best of loners can miss human contact I mean… a girl has needs right?

I got out and wrapped myself in a warm fluffy towel that I kept in a heated drawer next to my shower.

I just hated getting out of the shower just to freeze my arse off so, I had the thing installed as soon as I got my first paycheck and boy was it the best $150 I have ever spent.

I gazed into the mirror and examined myself, tracing my fingers over the bruise on my right cheek and wincing at the stinging sensation that followed.

Guess it’s still a little tender. I’ll have to pay Tim back for that one

I stared at my dark green eyes and high cheekbones for a few second more than turned abruptly, stalking back to my room to get dressed.

Depending on the job my fashion sense tends to fluctuate but right now I ‘m feeling like jean shorts, a black skirt, red tank and black trench coat. Of course the look is completed with my specially made black steeled toed boots with gel insoles.

Hey what can I say you’re nobody till your gel-en.

My damp hair was brushed and pulled back into a ponytail that branched-out into wavy curls down to the center of my back.

I stomped into the kitchen and grabbed a muffin out of the basket on the counter and drank half a 8oz carton of orange juice straight from the carton.

I always got a kick out of doing that. It’s my house and since I’m the only one here and it’s my orange juice and I’ll drink outta the dang carton if I feel like it!

My cell rings just as I’m about to walk out of the door. I make a snarling sound but answer it anyway. “Hello?” I spit impatiently. “Someone sounds grumpy.” Tim says “Did you just call to poke a sleeping tiger with major PMS, or do you want something?” I growl not in the mood for Tim’s lip after the dreams I’d had. “No I prefer to toss rocks at the tiger from a distance but that’s beside the point.” Tim’s classic dry humor “Your being requested for by a Martha Walters but since I you’re so grumpy I’ll just send the info to your mail.” My mind cringed at the thought of another job so soon after the last one.

The girl smiled as she backed into the oncoming traffic. I rushed out to stop her but it was too late and she became another stain on the filthy city streets.

I felt it when she died, unable to shield my sight from her painful demise. I was lucky to be alive honestly. Most empaths can’t withstand the death of another human, not that I’ve met many others, and most of the time they end up sharing the same fate.

But I’m not just any empath. I’m Jean Payne prodigal detective/assassin, mostly the second part but in my defense they were all rapist, murderers and other jerks with too much money and way too much time on their hands.

I’m just leveling the playing field and getting justice for those who no longer have a voice to cry for help with.

“Sure thing” I say snapping the phone closed with a flick of my wrist and heading out to complete my next job.

The door slammed behind me with a loud BANG! … It’s funny, in my line of work a lot of stuff tends to end the same way.

© 2011 TheShAdE


Author's Note

TheShAdE
This is my first story so plz give me lots of feedeback good and bad. just be respectful.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

thanks I'm working on the next chapter now it should be out soon


Posted 13 Years Ago


This is a good one. I hope I will read the next chapter.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

119 Views
2 Reviews
Added on March 31, 2011
Last Updated on March 31, 2011

Author

TheShAdE
TheShAdE

nunya, CA



About
Hello readers! (about time I updated this) My name Is Kayla and ... *sigh* I'm a book nerd! *sob-sob* Anyway, all joking aside, I love to read , cook, sing and write. My main obsession is wit.. more..

Writing
Fall Fall

A Poem by TheShAdE


My Shadow My Shadow

A Poem by TheShAdE