Crying In The Rain

Crying In The Rain

A Story by Kirstie
"

I was told to write a piece of entertaining writing in my English Language class. I was with my friend Gemma at the time, and as she is madly in love with McFly band member 'Dougie' i decided to write my story about them. It started off as a joke, but i

"

 

Crying in the Rain
 
Laughing in the rain, Gemma and Dougie raced across the car park to his Mini Cooper S, joined at the hand, Dougie dragging her along. They stopped at the passenger car door and Gemma clung to Dougie underneath his coat whilst he searched frantically in his pocket for the key, although he drew it out as long as possible, fumbling the key in his hand, just to have Gemma’s touch a little longer. He popped the lock with the key and they split apart as Gemma jumped into the car to avoid the now bullet like rain pelting down on them. Dougie rushed around to the driver seat and followed her lead, slamming the door behind him once he was inside. He looked over at Gemma dripping wet and perishing cold from the rain but still giggling, although he too was freezing, just looking at her gave him a sudden rush of warmth.
He was in love at the age of seventeen.
“Stop looking at me like that you perv’ ” She said teasingly, giving him a cheeky smile and pulling down the sun-shade to look at her reflection in the small mirror. She looked a state to say the least, far worse than Dougie who had not suffered watery mascara smudges down his face. Instead, she thought him rather cute with sopping wet hair as she gazed into his eyes and he gazed back.
There was silence in the car; the only sound that was heard was that of the rain from outside as it bounced off the car roof. Dougie raised his hand to Gemma’s cheek and he attempted to delicately rub the mascara smudges off with the tip of his thumb. Unsuccessful of getting rid of the mascara, Dougie drew Gemma’s face towards his, his hand still on her left cheek, and gently pressed his lips against her delicate mouth.
He pulled away, something bothering him, but Gemma pulled him back for an affectionate hug with her head resting on his damp shoulder. Dougie’s heart beat fast, as he knew that he would have to tell her now or he would put it off forever, he dreaded it.
“Remember, I love you.” Dougie said seriously.
“Yes, I believe you have told me numerous times.” Gemma replied dazedly smiling, still resting sleepily in his arms.
“Yea, but just remember.”
“Why, you going somewhere?” Gemma said jokingly, smoothly drawing away from his embrace, and looking into his vast green eyes. Her smile dropped when she realised how serious Dougie’s face looked.
“Kind of.” Dougie said, giving a lame and unconvincing smile as he shrugged, pulling away from her and falling back into the driver’s seat.
“What do you mean ‘kind of’?” Gemma asked, finding it hard to wipe the bewildered look off her face and to tear her eyes away from Dougie, who refused to look at her now.
“Well, my Dad’s been offered a promotion, he’s serious about taking it, I mean, why wouldn’t he be, it’s a great opportunity for…”
“Dougie, where is this leading?” Gemma cut in, frustrated to know the truth, her heart pounding.
“The only problem is, if he wants the job, we have to move to Australia.” Dougie finished turning to Gemma to see her tear stricken face staring straight back.
“When?” she questioned through streams of tears.
“Soon, maybe next month.” Dougie’s heart sank just looking at her, he hated his Dad, it was his fault, he’d pleaded with him not to make him go but he was having none of it. He returned to staring out of the window at the rain.
“Do you have to go with them?” asked Gemma trying to make eye contact, with tears still streaming down her cheeks, washing away the mascara.
Dougie nodded.
“Well, I can come and visit, right?” She asked, desperately searching for hope that she wouldn’t lose him forever.
There was an awkward silence between them that hadn’t been there before, even since the first day they met, they had both always had something to say. Dougie said nothing; Gemma buried her face into her hands, knowing what the answer was without being told.
“I’m sorry, Gem.”
“I can’t believe this is happening, I can not believe this is happening.” Gemma muffled through her shaking fingers.
“Gemma, I really am sorry.” Dougie said reaching over to hold her and tell her how much he loved her. He went to take her hand, but she pulled away, looking at him with a look of bewilderment on her face.
“Gemma.” Dougie said trying not to show how much his heart was breaking inside. He went to take her hand again, but she still resisted his touch.
“No!” She shouted in his face, angry and upset. “No!” She repeated, avoiding Dougie’s gaze. With that she threw the car door open and stepped out into the icy cold air. Gemma began to run, feet pounding, crying in the rain.

© 2008 Kirstie


Author's Note

Kirstie
I hope you enjoy it, please give ANY feedback

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I like it! :)

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

110 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on October 4, 2008
Last Updated on October 4, 2008

Author

Kirstie
Kirstie

Near London, United Kingdom



About
I'm nearly 17 and am doing my a levels, and am taking english language. more..

Writing
Untitled Untitled

A Story by Kirstie