What is the Difference Between AIIMS and NEET Exam

What is the Difference Between AIIMS and NEET Exam

A Story by Kamaljeet Kumar
"

The National Testing Agency administers the NEET exam each year, and the Medical Science Institute of New Delhi admission exam is administered annually and separately.

"

The National Testing Agency administers the NEET exam each year, and the Medical Science Institute of New Delhi admission exam is administered annually and separately. But as of 2020, the AIIMS exam has been discontinued, and the exam has taken its place as the sole admission exam (at the All India level). Every year, a large number of students from all across India take this exam in hopes of winning the coveted chance to enroll in the best medical schools in the nation. In India, the exam has evolved into the single-tier national entrance exam for admission to medical programs.


Students may apply online for additional rounds of counseling after they meet the minimal NEET cut-off for each category in a given year. Following their shortlisting, candidates receive invitations to counseling and seat assignments based on merit. The All India Quota (AIQ), which holds 15% of the seats, and the State Quota, which holds 85% of the seats, are the two ways in which candidates can be admitted.

The distinction between this and NEET coaching and which one you should take if you intend to study medicine in India.

NEET vs. AIIMS


The goal of the All India Institutes of Medical Sciences network of medical schools is to provide patient care and education. The All India Institutes of Medical Science now have seven affiliates, with Delhi acting as the primary location. Each of the seven AIIMS schools, including the Delhi campus, has a separate medical admission exam for prospective MBBS students. The high prominence of AIIMS creates intense rivalry for admission to the MBBS program.


Students wishing to enroll in public and private universities in India's MBBS and BDS programs must take the National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test. To be admitted to the top medical schools, applicants must perform well on the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) exam. This test has replaced all prior standardized tests for admission to colleges and states. NEET coaching is the admissions standard used by all Indian institutions, except for a few states and autonomous institutes like AIIMS and JIPMER.


Disparity in Evaluation

NEET assesses a candidate's speed, conceptual knowledge, time management abilities, and presence of mind. Its goal is to get the most knowledge possible out of the students.

Conversely, AIIMS placed greater emphasis on evaluating a candidate's comprehension and application of topics. There was a trend towards lengthier, more intricate inquiries.


See also: Five Advantages of Pursuing NEET Certification

Variations in Exam Patterns

Previously, it was an online computer-based exam, whereas NEET was an offline pen-and-paper exam.


Different Syllabus

Both use the same Physics, Chemistry, and Biology syllabus. The distinction is found in the extra aptitude and general knowledge parts that AIIMS previously had. In the past, the GK portion mostly covered current events and used to ask assertion-reasoning-based questions.


Specifically: the NEET Syllabus

Disparity in Readiness

Because the syllabuses for these two examinations are identical, the preparation for the key courses is almost the same for both. However, studying for the additional subjects and aptitude for AIIMS took longer.

For both assessments, a thorough comprehension of the NCERT textbooks is required.


One of the fundamental resources for NEET preparation is answering previous year's question papers. Students used to rehearse with mock exams because AIIMS would not provide the questions from prior years.


In comparison to NEET, AIIMS's Physics course was more challenging.

Disparity in Evaluating

Time efficiency, quickness, mental agility, and conceptual understanding were the main areas of focus for the NEET exam. The questions were the culmination of putting all these basic components together. As a result, the exam created a system for assessing students' knowledge. However, historically, AIIMS has given more weight to students' capacity to comprehend abstract concepts and use those concepts in real-world situations. They took an admission exam that reflected this reality and used the results to filter out applicants who didn't meet the requirements.


Success Ratio

It's undeniable that these are difficult tests to pass. However, there is a noticeable distinction between the two regarding success rate. Even if there is more competition for the roughly 70000 medical school spots that it offers, the number's allure remains intact. The aim for any prospective physician is it.


There are only 700 spaces available for Indian students on all AIIMS campuses. There are seven slots available for overseas students at AIIMS Delhi. The rigorous admissions method will make the exam more challenging for candidates aspiring to medical schools. While there isn't a clear winner in this competition, NEET is simpler to pass than AIIMS if you must select a more difficult test.


In summary

There are several key differences between these two. Pupils can choose between public and private universities, assuming they score well on both the exams. Nevertheless, students are still not offered many options, even with a good rating. There are also notable variations in the paper design. Given the higher number of questions in biology compared to other exams, biology-savvy students are likely to find it more enjoyable. Although the AIIMS entrance exam is more difficult than this exam, students who put in the effort to make sure their concepts are sound stand a decent chance of performing well on both exams.

© 2024 Kamaljeet Kumar


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

36 Views
Added on April 29, 2024
Last Updated on April 29, 2024
Tags: JEE Main Coaching in Gurgaon, NEET coaching in Gurugram, IIT JEE Advance Coaching Gurugra