The Bad Review

The Bad Review

A Poem by Thomas Fitzgerald
"

A look at what we writers lend ourseleves to daily!

"

What are you trying to say here?

No writing should make one so sad,

No guiding and I can't read you so,

My God can't you pen a piece not bad.

 

 

This verse is broken, soft so unpalatable,

You rank arrogant amateur can you spell,

How prying eyes will ever mock you here,

Daring masters to run from lofts to hell.

 

 

Slice those "writers" wrists quickly and smart,

Be aware these words will cut you near,

Just stop and never leave that hovel,

You wreak a sudden desperate horrid fear.

 

 

Ah the eloquent words of the hated people,

How you love to hide behind a written top,

Hurt me today yet never leave a lasting remark,

For I bind like a trusted book - full stop.

© 2013 Thomas Fitzgerald


Author's Note

Thomas Fitzgerald
Honesty is always the key!

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

There is a line... it lies somewhere between dishonest syrupy fawning and utterly hateful knifing. we all pretty much know where it is, but some always prefer one from the other.

Honestly, your words here are spot on in that I understood and relate. In my reviews I do my best to be constructive, for to be destructive is to take from the world without giving, to create darkness, and leave a mark that is ugly and smells funny.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Thomas Fitzgerald

10 Years Ago

Agreed!



Reviews

It's funny, I rarely run into scathing reviews around here. Of course, I have left a few, myself, especially to the writers who are so arrogant to believe their penned shite is somehow better than anything that's ever been published and they have nothing to learn on the subject. There is no such master. Everyone can always learn something.

On the other side of the coin, I've read some really horrible stuff that has somehow wrangled glorious and golden reviews, we're talking 5-10 pages of glowing, sycophant a*s kissing. That's another reason I closed my account and took a break. This scenario happens far more often than I would like to admit and points to this site not being so much for writers to learn, share and hone their craft but rather a popularity contest.

Hmm, is there really a place to discuss, civilly, our work without bias?

/rant

As to this piece, I love your use of language, your words are cleverly composed and spin around us in a beautiful dance that also bites and chews at our very center.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

There is so much around here that leaves you knee deep in what looks like mud. But the good always out weighs the negative. Your words are strong, raw and warranted. Thank you for being the voice of so many..xo

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Thomas Fitzgerald

11 Years Ago

Thank you
Wow. I just saw this poem. I truly echo all those sentiments for that is how I feel about those people...A great write...:)

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Thomas Fitzgerald

11 Years Ago

thank you
Sami Khalil

11 Years Ago

You are welcome...:)
Thomas, so many readers do not realize that on sites like this are often young people just starting their try at writing and they put down mean reviews..I think encouragement is musch more important than belittlement..Katihe

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Thomas Fitzgerald

11 Years Ago

I agree
People with closed mind would give you a bad review. You make words dance and come alive. Naysayers need to stay away. Thank you for sharing the excellent poetry.
Coyote

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This one goes into my library Thomas...wonderfully penned...SyberRose

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Thomas Fitzgerald

11 Years Ago

Thank you!
Splashing water on the face and slapping the cheeks to bring a measure of inspiration to the heart and mind ... cautious that a harsh word of criticism is hard to deal with. Such an anxiety hides a love that is inspiration itself.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Thomas Fitzgerald

11 Years Ago

Thank you
Wherever there is diversity of style and ability in art, there will be pretence, posturing, arrogance and pomposity in spades. These people rely on the Emperors new clothes syndrome - say something with enough authority and you`ll always get enough of the crowd to nod their heads to achieve the attention you crave! You show the pretenders for what they are, Thomas. Thank you. P.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Thomas Fitzgerald

11 Years Ago

thank you Pete
Since you want honesty, here it comes: that was so ORIGINAL ! I'd never imagine a poem about reviews but you made it so well !
Cool poem :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Thomas Fitzgerald

11 Years Ago

Thank you
There is a clarity of purpose here, Thomas. The laws of nature are upheld yet once again. For ever action there is an equal and opposite reaction. What amazes is that here we see the principal transcend the physical. It moves into the layered mists of mind and spirit and reveals the shape of both vessel and what is contained therein. Who can drink from such and not be affected?

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Thomas Fitzgerald

11 Years Ago

Indeed my darling, thank you

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1102 Views
32 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 8 Libraries
Added on April 7, 2013
Last Updated on April 7, 2013
Tags: Poetry, Poem, Writers

Author

Thomas Fitzgerald
Thomas Fitzgerald

Wexford, Leinster, Ireland



About
To all who know by now - I love you. For those that don't, I review a lot of work on here, and I expect the same in return, friend me but make sure to have conviction! I'm a horror writer mostly bu.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Sacred Text Sacred Text

A Poem by Muse