T.I.M.E

T.I.M.E

A Poem by Thomas Fitzgerald
"

Just a small piece that came to me!

"

Towers crumpled neatly in pages stacked within concealments,

Imagination runs and runs but never catches up with life,

Member’s arrows pulse on without interlude so wretched,

Empty quarters leave hearts dense in forthcoming deportments.

© 2013 Thomas Fitzgerald


Author's Note

Thomas Fitzgerald
No notes - rreview at will.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

There's a great deal more you could add to it ... its the great creator, the initiator of it all, the nurturer, the deceiver, liar, rescuer and savior. It is but the biggest thing we can ever come into contact with as a concept in our lives and then again ' do you have the time? I forget my wristwatch.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Thomas Fitzgerald

11 Years Ago

ha do any of us really!



Reviews

time is fickle like that

Posted 10 Years Ago


I love the depth gone into of only 4 simple letters. Its put together very well and i find it very deep. The imagery is so vivid. Well done!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Nice acrostic... indeed imagination never keeps up with life if one is living ones life!

Posted 11 Years Ago


You took on a concept everyone thinks about but wrote a rather original piece. It's short but its deep. I really enjoyed the read and, "Imagination runs and runs but never catches up with life", so true haha

Posted 11 Years Ago


This must be a trap, cause' I am all caught up in it's sheer truths. One question though I don't get this line could you enlighten me?
"Member’s arrows pulse on without interlude so wretched"
Very nice piece.
Chris

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Thomas Fitzgerald

11 Years Ago

The arrows are symbols of the hands of a clock and how they are ever moving forward regardless of li.. read more
unsavable_soul

11 Years Ago

Excellent then I repeat with more knowledge now...
Very, very nice piece.
Chris
Short but sweet beautiful acrostic poem! Love the second line "Imagination runs and runs but never catches up with life" - so true. Good work keep writting!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Thomas Fitzgerald

11 Years Ago

thank you
fantastic! these are fun to write are they not?

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Thomas Fitzgerald

11 Years Ago

There are indeed Neva!
TIME... One summer, I removed my wristwatch and did not put it back on until the following summer. I was aware of its absence at the oddest moments. I now wonder why I did it. Perhaps I thought that by discarding the most obvious keeper of time I could, myself, step outside of it. It was an idiot's thought and it was then that I became determined to pursue life as though I was indeed an idiot. I ask you now, quite plainly, have I or have I not succeeded? ~ Rating[98.6] ...Please enter only digits/100.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Time is one of the most fascinating constructs to portray in a poem. I enjoy reading poetry that makes it its centerpiece. A thought provoking piece.

Diego

Posted 11 Years Ago


I was wondering the other day what it might be like to live without the concept of time. Like I imagine animals to live. In the moment; eating, sleeping, f*****g, defecating... Would it be possible to add thinking to the list without adding in a sense of past/present/future? Could we marvel at a sunset without comparing it to past events or anticipating it in the future? Enjoyed your words as always my friend. :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

659 Views
18 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 10, 2013
Last Updated on April 10, 2013
Tags: Time, Present, Past, Future

Author

Thomas Fitzgerald
Thomas Fitzgerald

Wexford, Leinster, Ireland



About
To all who know by now - I love you. For those that don't, I review a lot of work on here, and I expect the same in return, friend me but make sure to have conviction! I'm a horror writer mostly bu.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..