Gossip.

Gossip.

A Poem by Thomas Fitzgerald
"

A play on poetry I've been reading lately.

"

Standing solid upon the breaking ground,

I yeild to nature and only her not others,

Branded science leaves me here to die,

Not along with friends or indeed mothers.

 

You've felt the strenght of my loving you,

I beg of you no to listen with eager rate,

Do not turn and feel the stab of eyes,

Really, you don't want to feel my hate.

 

Pleading vomit has been sent to kill me,

I slap at motions not riddled with grit,

No movement of legs controled my mind,

The wind now wisps and holds no hit.

 

Borders are failing when walls come up,

Two men refuse to see eye to thought,

Wisdom has no place for fighting war,

Women lend gossip to those already caught.

© 2012 Thomas Fitzgerald


Author's Note

Thomas Fitzgerald
Honesty my darlings, honesty!

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I like it, its very true Thomas. I enjoyed reading this, it took me a little while to understand the full gist of it. But once I did I was in shock from it, its quite a powerful piece. Great work, get writing, you have quite a talented mystery from you. I like it. It'll take you far, good luck Thomas. (:

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Honesty will get you nowhere friend. I like to flatter but then if a poem is this good, it becomes much easier to...:)

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

In the study of management, students are advised to record gossip in the office as a way of understanding the needs of the staff. A corporation seeks stability. A leprechaun on a toadstool seeks poetry. Where your poetry reaches management, you can put your own name on the brand of science. Nice write!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Strength-first line second stanza...Is it supposed to be 'not'? second line, second stanza.
This is an interesting piece and I have to admit I've been through it a few times trying to let the images soak in. The second stanza is powerful and carries on well with the work of the first stanza as the illusions of connection and control slip from grasp. The threat in the last line seems cold and off handed, though. Is it a resignation to the realization of loss? Or am I reading way too f*****g much into it?
The third stanza troubles me. 'Pleading vomit has been sent to kill me,' I've had some bloody awful hangovers but as I re-read it I hoped it wasn't something that superficial. The third stanza distances itself with the previous stanza and totally switches gears. Is it the effects of guilt? or just a non-sequiter to hold the piece together?
The final stanza is strong as well and is relevant to the whole of human history. Anyone from Homer to Ginsberg would be proud to own it. I wonder at the last line, though. (Who got caught where with whom and why in the devil are they gossiping about it?) I can't relate it to the final stanza so I tried relating it to the poet at large. Nope. Nada. But, perhaps, I am just a bit daft (and haven't had a drink, yet.)
Over all, though, it does it's job well, because I actually had to stop and think about what I was reading and was happy to guess at the meanings. Well done.



Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

mega coolies. this poem was darling. u write so well.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Excellent read, love. Thank you for sharing.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Honestly, I love this poem. It is so truthful, so powerful talking about gossip, and also, each word you have chosen, just seems to fit perfectly in each line, and I guess that's what brings out the uniqueness in your poetry. I especially loved the last stanza, perfect way to conclude. Great job :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

here goes...i am a timid person, and so when you ask for my honesty, it requires me to take risks that may rebound and bite me, still...my tin hat is on, i will try...
i read the reviewers below who say they understand but don't tell us what they are understanding. You know my reviews would seem crazy to most...enough waffle...get on with it trish...
First stanza is who you are, who you love...she and not her institution, because the institution deny's your right to be you, and its ok for them to be them. So joining the ranks would still exclude you.
Second stanza i am hearing you reminding the reviewer or a child, maybe yourself, that you have tried to show love.
Really, you don't want to feel my hate...if i was reading this as addressed to me, it could seem menacing. If i read this as to your child within, it could be an expression of fear...the need for anger management.
Third stanza an opinion on sentimental do gooders, expressed by you in a fearful voice, and an explanation that you are not controlled by your passions.
Last stanza...there is a danger of creating a distorted picture, if one reviewer backs another reviewer, without knowing the full story, it has consequences that are harmful and hurtful to the poet. you call this poem gossip, you say you wrote it after reading poetry on here, i think i understand...maybe apologies are in order, if so, i am sorry...
Did my best Thomas. Bye for now.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

i love this, very nice write you have here

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Second stanza, first line: *strength

And many a time has this happened nearly to everyone, but don't be too quick to think that only girls spread rumors. Guys do it to because, as adolescents, we're tempted to lie, cheat, and steal; anything to get to the top of the popularity list.

The last stanza is my favorite because it seems once everyone has blocked everyone out the walls in your mind become strong. No one can read what's in your eyes anymore.
But still, it's quite the poem; gossip, in my opinion, being an ugly practice.

Cheers to you, my friend.
-Marie Riorden-

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
hmm
This is interesting. So truthful as well.
Nicely expressed and written.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1329 Views
68 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 5 Libraries
Added on March 20, 2012
Last Updated on March 20, 2012

Author

Thomas Fitzgerald
Thomas Fitzgerald

Wexford, Leinster, Ireland



About
To all who know by now - I love you. For those that don't, I review a lot of work on here, and I expect the same in return, friend me but make sure to have conviction! I'm a horror writer mostly bu.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..