Compartment 114
Compartment 114
Know That I Too
We are never alone (a poem for mental health month)
The Whisper of Silence

The Whisper of Silence

A Story by Kitty
"

Just a little short story I wrote a few months ago

"

Every night, I wander the forest, aimlessly. There’s just something about a moonlit night, the sky is clear, no one is around, and the fireflies fly around with no care in the world. The trees don’t notice me. The fireflies don’t notice me. The moon doesn’t even shed her light on me. To the world, I am nothing.

Years are seconds. Decades are minutes. Centuries are hours. Time is nothing. When the Earth was beginning to form, I was there. I watched her struggle as beings roamed her surface, not caring about how much pain she put up with, how much she did just so the beings that roamed her surface, would be safe.

The sun was overconfident, running around the Earth, smiling upon everyone. Eras ago, he promised that he would protect her, never stop running and shining his brilliant light upon anyone who wished it. The moon was quiet, shy like me. Blessing the peoples and animals with her bright light. Making any temple or structure glorious. She hid in the sun’s shadow, silently wishing that people would recognise her as more beautiful than her brother.

I sat there, watching everyone, play their parts, have fun, feel pain, feel feelings. What was my purpose? Why was I placed here, only to sit and watch others have a better life than me? Every night, the moon ignored me, too good to talk to me. Her beauty was beyond compare. Everyday, the sun ignored me, to good to talk to me. His handsome features were beyond compare. Was I invisible? The beings never paid any attention to me. Without me, they would die. Without me, the air around them wouldn’t exist.

Everyday, every night. I work tirelessly, making sure every person, and animal around me is living, breathing. Do they not notice that? I am celebrated none, the sun is the one getting all the credit. “Without the sun, we wouldn’t have any air to breathe.” Do they know what really goes on? Will they ever notice that I am the one who cares the most about them? Will they ever see that, every passing second, I am whispering in silence?

© 2019 Kitty


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

44 Views
Added on January 30, 2019
Last Updated on January 30, 2019
Tags: fantasy, silence, poem, short story

Author

Kitty
Kitty

OH



Writing
One One

A Chapter by Kitty