One

One

A Chapter by Kitty

My legs swung back and forth, showing how bored I was. To my left, sat my current boyfriend. His face looked neutral as he looked out on the ocean. 

"Babe?" I called out to him. Waiting to see his face look at me, his ocean blue eyes staring into mine. 

"Yes?" He answered, not turning to look at me yet. 

"I think we should break up." I suddenly said, he looked at me now. 

"Wait, are you serious? You're not joking, right?" He asked, concern showing. I didn't know if I was serious or not, I just didn't feel like we were right for each other, like someone else was about to come in to my life. 

"Yeah, I know we're not meant to be. You'll find someone better than me." I tell him, running my hands through his sandy blonde hair. playing with his curls His eyes look up at me, as he lays his head upon my shoulder. 

"I'll miss you babe, I haven't been happier than I am with you." He tells me, his skin gleaming under the sun. 

"If it doesn't work out, we can always get back together." I tell him, cupping his face with my hands. His face fits perfectly within my hands, his jawline is perfection. I can't tell if what I just told him will be one of my greatest regrets or not. 

We can't pull away from one another. The sun sets all the way as the night sky replaces the light. The air begins to grow chilly. 

"Babe, I should get home. My mom will freak if I'm not home soon." I tell him, trying to sit up. 

"I'll really miss seeing you everyday." He tells me, looking at me with longing eyes. "How about, if your still single by the end of the year, we'll get back together." He sticks out his pinkie, how childish. 

Laughing, I agree. Its always nice to know that someone wants to be with you. I wrap my pinkie around his, smiling with him. "Alright, lets get you home." He stands up, and offers me his hand. After taking it, we run together to his white jeep. I always loved driving with him, the way he keeps one hand on my thigh at all times. Or, all the times we had just been going on some spontaneous road trip, we would just blast our favorite songs, and I would sing my heart out. 

Before I knew it, we had arrived at my mom's small house. With only three bedrooms, my house was smaller than most of the houses in my neighborhood. "Thanks for driving me." I say, placing my hand on top of his. 

"Yeah, no problem." He answers, giving my cheek a kiss before waving me goodbye. I jumped out of his jeep, seeing that he wouldn't leave until he saw me walk into the house. What a gentleman. 

I pulled out my keys from my small, over the shoulder purse and fumbled around with it until I found the right key. I stumbled into my house as soon as I got the door open. To my right, my mom was sitting on the couch, sipping tea out of her favorite mug. 

"So, how was it darling?" She asked, looking up at me. I sighed and sat down on the love seat. 

"I kind of broke up with him." I said, face palming at my own stupidity. 

"What!" She exclaims, spilling a few drops of tea on her leg. "S**t! Wait, why?" She asks, acting like a total teenager, her brown hair flopping around in her messy bun.

"I dunno, we were just sitting on the beach when my brain told me that we should break up. Like, I didn't have an actual reason." I said, already regretting my actions. 

"How did he take it? I mean, you guys did stay out late so it wasn't too bad, right?" She asks me, I swear, she is just like my friends at school. 

"Well he didn't want to obviously, but we still cuddled and s**t like we had been doing. And then he told me, that if I was still single by the end of the year we should go back to dating." I told her, rubbing my sore feet. 

"Not to be rude Anna, but that was kind of a dumb idea. I haven't seen you happier before him, you always had a smile on your face." She told me, setting down her tea to make sure no more spilled. 

"I know mom, I've been thinking the exact same thing. I told him that I felt like someone extremely special was about to just waltz into my life, so hopefully I'm right." I tell her, beginning to yawn. "Anyways, I have school tomorrow so I'm heading up to bed." I tell her, kissing her on the forehead. 

"Night sweetie! Don't let the dream bugs bite ya!" She yelled after me as I went upstairs. 'Don't let the dream bugs bite ya' was something that she came up with when I was a little girl and she's been telling me every night. I didn't really understand it, but it was a special little thing between us that I really appreciated. 

Creaking open the door, I could see my dark room. The blankets sloppily thrown across the bed, clothes in piles close to my closet door. I sigh with annoyance. With just a second of relaxation, my phone dings. 

I enjoyed the summer :-)

I smiled to myself, should I respond? 

 yeah, same here. don't miss me too much 

I groaned out after sending the message, I just need to move on from this day. My phone made the familiar click sound after I turned it off, getting ready to finally go to bed. 

Today has just been too long. 



© 2019 Kitty


Author's Note

Kitty
If you can't tell, I've never been in any sort of relationship. BUT, I've been told I'm good at giving relationship advice, so I think I can write decent romance.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

32 Views
Added on January 30, 2019
Last Updated on January 30, 2019