all of it

all of it

A Story by kjstevens
"

blog entry 4-23-08

"

 

April 23rd, 2008

7:39 am

 

A new oven waiting in our old living room. Two stacks of flooring in the kitchen. Our new colors mixed and waiting in cans in the back of the truck. Boxes packed with dishes, silverware, books. Things ready for our new house. In a different city, better neighborhood.

 

We are ready to make our move. Start fresh. Put down roots in that big back yard and begin again. But we wait.

 

Seems right. Spring here in all its glory. The world waking from winter’s spell. And our little family on track, feeling good, headed in the right direction.

 

Trying my hand at freelance writing. I’ve done some research, set my rates, have been responding to ads and bidding on projects. So far, no takers. But it’s one more iron in the fire. Another tentacle out and about. Reaching and pulling. Trying to bring some dough into the home.

 

I can write all I want, feel good about staying true and doing what’s important, but the hard reality is that my writing—what I’m best at—is not paying the bills. Not at this time. I know it’s a long road. That it isn’t all roses. That I can’t count on anyone other than good ol’ WriterBoy Stevens to make his own break. So, there’s only one thing to do.

 

Keep at it.

 

That’s how the bad, weak writers get weeded out and the strong ones carry on and thrive.

 

We write through the best of times and we write through the worst of times, all the while knowing that it is the simple act of words onto paper that is the only real reward.

 

And there’s this.

 

Coming here. To a white sky hazy morning, and writing—no matter what—to you. Friendly ear, insightful eye. Curious traveler on this road.

 

This is what it’s about. All of it. Bodies into bodies. Energy round and round. Hope perching and growing. Faith carrying us on.

 

~ K.J.

(copyright 2008 by k.j. stevens)

© 2008 kjstevens


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

127 Views
Added on April 23, 2008

Author

kjstevens
kjstevens

Westland, MI



About
Writer. 34 years old. Michigander. Here to meet writers, editors, agents, publishers. People who love words. Love the act of writing. Keep on keepin' on... more..

Writing
intent intent

A Story by kjstevens


steady aim steady aim

A Story by kjstevens