*Doesn't Need a Title*

*Doesn't Need a Title*

A Poem by K. McNeil
"

true story...RIP [Jamez]

"

sometimes i think im breathing stolen breath but then i think of you and the way you left. man i never seen bravery in the raw like that. now those n****s can never call you soft like that. cuz when them bullets popped off, you was the real G. i aint never been protected like the day you protected me. its one thing to say you'll die for someone but when you really do, thats love and id do for you what you did for me any day of the week. watchin someone die is the hardest but when you FEEL someone lose his life, some of yours leaves too. i felt the warm tears on my neck become a trail of blood that became a pool of your life. I felt your blood. It burned my eyes, drenched my clothes and tinted my skin. and altho i rinsed my eyes, washed my clothes and took a bath, i could never get that stain outta my heart. i cant even cry about it anymore, i jus smile it off. my two favorite heroes, mom and jamez watchin over me. so i dont cry, i dont get chills and theres no need to go back to The Spot. theyd jus look at me like they seen a ghost cuz they cant see me without thinkin of you, that'd be a crime in our hood. You saved my life. Point blank, and a thank you wouldnt even do it. You died for me, my best friend died for me so i have an obligation to live. I didnt steal this breath, you helped me keep it and in doin that you gave up yours. so imma keep breathin, for me and you.

I LOVE YOU [RIP]

© 2008 K. McNeil


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Sorry to hear this is a true story. Even though it's written in prose it sort of read like rap lyrics in my head because of the language. Your description of your friends blood on you is the part that becomes most vivid to me. It's kind of hard to critique something that's pure self-expression, so I won't try. I'll just say the topic is one that makes you think.

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

141 Views
1 Review
Added on April 1, 2008

Author

K. McNeil
K. McNeil

Durham, NC



About
My name is Keandra McNeil and succeeding is my occupation but my passion is writing. I'm 18(yes im a youngin in the game). I attend NC State, so if anyone has writing hookups there PLEASE HOLLA AT ME... more..

Writing
How I Know How I Know

A Poem by K. McNeil