coffee house spooking

coffee house spooking

A Story by Kraicinski Girl
"

Busy coffee house/cafe that has a history of strange happenings. Young women experience the strangeness. Voices with no source, movement blurs with nothing to show.

"

    “Hey Brianna, would you mind going back and grab a bag of the espresso bean mix.” Sara said over her shoulder as she filled an order.
“Sure no problem.” Brianna said she pushed through the door heading back the hall.  The florescent light overhead flickered as she passed under it. ‘Boy, that’ll be out soon, hope Henry gets it fixed fast’ she thought to herself.  The next light did it too; she started to feel a little creeped out.  She went around the corner and opened the first door to her left.  Flipping the light switch, she thought she saw movement further back.  “Hello” Brianna said as she made her way back among the shelves.  There wasn’t any one there that she could see.  She swore she thought she heard someone talking or a low murmur of people.  “Hello, is any one there?”
    Bang, she jumped and whirled around and saw the door had slammed shut.  Enough was enough for her, she practically ran back for the front.  She came out the door and stopped, panting more from fear then exertion.  
    “Brianna are you alright?” Henry the assistant manger said. “You look as if you’ve seen a ghost.” he said this with a half smile he liked teasing her.
    “The…..The….” Brianna swallowed, trying to get the words out. “There’s someone in the store room.”
    “Can’t be we are all out here,” Henry said making a sweeping gesture with his hand of everyone there.
    “I swear there’s someone back there.” Brianna said, grabbing Henry’s shirt, the panic very clear on her face.
    Taking her hands Henry pried them loose.  “Okay Brianna.  Calm down, Sara and I will go check.  You stay here and help Morgan.”
    “Why do I have to go with you?” Sara asked.
    “Because she forgot the espresso beans and I can’t carry that much weight.” Henry said, straightening his tie.
    “Oh.” Sara said. ‘Man what a weakling, no what a wuss’
    “Sorry Sara” Brianna said, her hands still shaking when she took the cup Sara had been holding.
    Sara made a strangled look on her face as she followed Henry through the door.  Morgan and Brianna tried to stifle the laughter.
    The two walked back the hall in silence, the sound of their foot steps echoed.  They reached the storeroom door, Henry hesitated as he reached for the door knob.  
    “Oh come on Henry, either open the door or I’ll do it.”  Sara said not wanting to be back there with him any longer then necessary.
    “Sara you are a kill joy.” Henry said turning the knob and pushing.
    The door opened slowly, Brianna had left the light on.   Not seeing anything right off or hearing nothing Henry shrugged his shoulders.  'Didn’t think there was anything.  You grab the espresso and come back up front.'  He walked off shaking his head.
    Sara just looked at him as he left, ‘what a dumb a*s’.  She walked in and over to the stack of espresso bean bags.  Lifting two bags weighting approximately 40 pounds total.   The hairs on the back of her neck stood up, she whirled around at the sound of talking.  She thought the others had come back to play tricks on her but she saw no one.  She caught a blur of movement at the back of the room.  She walked back and saw nothing or no one, hmm ‘my mind must be playing tricks on me’ she thought.  She was almost to the door when it slammed shut,  “Now that’s freaky.”  She said, but juggled the bags of beans in one hand as she tried to open the door with her other.  It wouldn’t open, she tried several times.  Finally feed up, she said loudly, “Okay guys real funny.  Now let me out.”  No, reply no giggling which she expected to hear.  “Come on guys let me out.”  She yelled then banged her fist on the door.  Still nothing, boy she was getting mad, she put down the bags and used both hands to try to open the door.  When that didn’t work, she banged repeatedly on the door.  To her dismay no one came, she turned and leaned against the door and slide to the floor.  Sitting there she felt her anger seep away, she needed to be calm about this instead of panicking.   She thought how to get their attention, then she was like ‘duh’ “I have my cell phone I’ll use that.”  She pulled out her cell phone, flipped it open and was about to dial when she noticed the signal bars weren’t even showing one.  “damn it, I hate this building.”  A noise caught her attention and she looked for its source but saw nothing.  ‘maybe they’ll come looking when I don’t come back soon.’ She thought to herself she just had to stay calm and wait.    

 

© 2009 Kraicinski Girl


Author's Note

Kraicinski Girl
this is a very short rough draft of a scene i am working on. any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Oo, this is wonderful! It's very interesting to read! I really like it so far! It is very well written, greatly detailed, and very descriptive! :D

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

91 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on July 14, 2009

Author

Kraicinski Girl
Kraicinski Girl

Lima, OH



About
Well I am just starting out seriously writing, been writing since i can remember. I live with my husband and best friend, both supportive. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Kraicinski Girl