Run Down Cemetary

Run Down Cemetary

A Story by Kraicinski Girl
"

Young woman fleeing for her life a murderous mad man in pursuit. the chase is on.

"

    She stumbled as she entered the field.  Looking up she saw across the fog blanketed field.  On the other side she could see a church and a cemetery.  No time to wonder about it they might give a good hiding place til he gave up. First she must make it across; she could do this she thought to herself.  Escaping him was her ultimate goal, staying alive was the only thing on her mind.  She faltered when she heard what sounded like a wolf’s howl in the distance, goose bumps ran up her arms and the hair on the back of her neck stood up.  S**t, she didn’t need this extra hassle but hopefully it had other prey to chase.
Caitlin made her way across the field, her mind whirring a million miles a second.  Why was this happening to her, what had she done?  She glanced behind her, the dark figure she took to be Braeden was closer then she realized.  She picked up the pace; it was hard to do with the tattered remains of her Victorian gown.  She finally made it to the edge of the cemetery.  The old fence was rusted badly and in some places where completely missing.  The up keep of the place had been abandoned years ago, how many no one truly knew.  Caitlin found a break in the fence, her skirt caught on a broken piece of fence tearing it she tugged to dislodge it it tore completely, leaving a large piece fluttering in the wind that had started.  The grass was high intermingled with tall Queen Anne’s lace, this too caught at her gown.  The headstones where barely visible, the monuments could be seen but the weather had worn down the edges, some had even crumbled into heaps on pedestals. Her progress slowed, gave Braeden a chance to catch up with her.  He grabbed her arm whirling her around to face him.  She screamed and received what he thought she deserved, the smack was loud the combination of force and her sweaty face.  Her head snapped back from the force, her ears where ringing, the world wouldn’t stop spinning.
    “Did you really think you could escape me?  Did you.” Braeden said the laughter in his voice.  He was enjoying the fear in her eyes.  He searched the cemetery for just the right spot, finding a monument that would suit his needs.  


 

© 2009 Kraicinski Girl


Author's Note

Kraicinski Girl
This of course is yet another snippet of a piece in the works. I have tons one of these days they'll be a whole *crosses fingers*. Thanks for reading and please I would love to hear comments/feedback. :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

77 Views
Added on October 2, 2009
Last Updated on October 21, 2009

Author

Kraicinski Girl
Kraicinski Girl

Lima, OH



About
Well I am just starting out seriously writing, been writing since i can remember. I live with my husband and best friend, both supportive. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Kraicinski Girl