Dreamy Boy

Dreamy Boy

A Story by kristollini
"

A short story about meeting the boy of my dreams...and the rude awakening I got after getting to know him.

"

            So, there’s this guy.

We’ve met before, but not really. I learned of his existence at the age of 14, him being 15. We met as he was exiting an elevator and I was entering. He walked out, glanced at me, smiled, and handed me a note before walking off. Utterly confused, I opened it and saw that some information about him was on it. Stuff he liked to do, hobbies, yadda yadda.

This may seem kind of creepy if you think about it, but for some reason, I wasn’t creeped out at all. Just kind of surprised. Some random, attractive guy hands me, average Asian girl, a note with information about him? Sweet.

Somehow, I knew that I would see him again. I had to write him a response.

And thus began the exchanging of our letters. In each letter, we would put some information about ourselves and stick it in the same spot on the second floor of that building we met in so the other could receive it. After some time of exchanging letters, we eventually started seeing each other and hanging out.

Uh not in a dating way though. Although at that point, I probably kind of liked him.

We seemed to click right away. We became instant friends and would always mess with each other, teasing, poking, smacking, joking . . . it eventually became something of habit. I would ruffle his hair and he would grab me by the waist whenever we sat or stood there idly. It was natural.

Even though we met up all the time, we never stopped writing each other those notes. We also never read them in front of each other, except for this one day. This is the day that stands out most vividly in my head.

 


I sat down on the floor, excited about the newest note I had just received. As I was about to open it, he sat down next to me and said, “I think I’ll read this one with you.” He winked in that cute little way of his and I just smiled and nodded, turning back towards the note.

I probably read that note over at least three times without absorbing a single thing written on it. All I could think about was how close he was to me, how easily I could have just moved my hand over to his. I shook my head to rid myself of the distracting thoughts in my head and resolved to really concentrate.

I really did read it this time. Because I was so focused on the note, I didn’t even think about it when I lifted my hand to his head to mess with his hair like I usually do. I didn’t think he would think anything of it either, but I noticed him glance unexpectedly at me, as if what I just did was something I had never done before.

Slowly, almost cautiously, he reached his arm around me and rested his hand on my back. This wasn’t new to me either, but this time it felt . . . different. All the other times he had done it, it had been a simple touch, just like a friendly gesture. But this time, instead of feeling just a hand, I felt a strange new warmth. Heat seemed to emanate from his fingertips into my very heart, making it beat faster than normal.

I stopped messing with his hair and looked up"and saw him staring right back at me. His blue eyes seemed to sparkle and stare deep into my soul.

Normally, I would have inched away and asked him what he was staring at, but . . . those eyes . . . that gaze . . . I couldn’t look away. It felt as if my face was being magnetically pulled to his and his to mine. My lids started to close as his lips neared mine. I could hardly breathe; my heart was beating faster, and faster, and faster until . . .

 

I woke up.

 

. . . Life kind of sucks sometimes.

 

>:C

© 2015 kristollini


Author's Note

kristollini
I wrote this eons ago when I was 14. True story, even up to the end. Ah, the inner romantic desires of my young, teenaged soul!

As always, please comment/review and let me know what you think! :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

112 Views
Added on November 3, 2015
Last Updated on November 3, 2015
Tags: cute, funny, slice of life, teenager, teenage, romance, love, true story, short story, story, dreams, dreamy, boy, notes, asian, short, romantic, old

Author

kristollini
kristollini

TX



About
I got back into writing recently after quite a long hiatus and wanted to find a community of writers with which to share my rekindled passion! I'll be posting some old and some new pieces of writing h.. more..

Writing
Alone Alone

A Story by kristollini


Coffee Coffee

A Poem by kristollini