Awaken

Awaken

A Chapter by K.S. McClure
"

She slowly opened her eyes, and immediatley prepared to bolt.

"

I watched as the young girl slowly opened her eyes from the table in the kitchen, and pretended not to notice. She obviously bought the bait.

As she raised up slowly, I for once got a good view of her face. It was beautiful, yet covered with dirt, bruises, and the occasional scratch.

 

"Who are you, and why did you help me?" she said.

 

"My name is Madame Lauraine. I am the one you stole from. However, I could not stand the sight of all of your pain. Now, who are you?"

 

"My real name is of no importance to you, but I often go by Krayine among my family."

 

"Who are your parents, Krayine? That way I can inform them of your state."

 

"I have no parents. My family are only the people I have lived with for the past 3 years, out of which I am the oldest. I am their "Mom."



© 2008 K.S. McClure


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

282 Views
Added on August 27, 2008


Author

K.S. McClure
K.S. McClure

Almost the smallest town ever..., AR



About
"There is always beauty in simplicity" "A butterfly counts not months but moments, and has time enough." Kris McClureCreate Your Badge Hey, Kristen here. I've been a member for a while now, b.. more..

Writing
*Mask* *Mask*

A Story by K.S. McClure