A Wish

A Wish

A Story by kunsang

Imagine a camera fixed upon the ceiling, facing downwards thereby capturing a birds eye view of our bed and the two of us lying there. Plain white sheets and pillows, a faded maroon blanket and our diffused bodies embraced under it's cover. The starting stance! Yes, we were both facing upwards with our eyes fixed upon the ceiling. But we were really looking inbetween, with all our thoughts from the day hanging inbetween, in the thin air. And out of this pool of thoughts came an instinctual desire in me to turn sideways and look at her. She followed. So, our eyes met and in an instant came this realization in me.

Eyes on eyes, we gazed at each other. There was no purpose, there was no effort, there was no prejudice, there was nothing to be achieved nor any outcome. We looked into each others eyes in a very low-key stance; simple, natural and unpretentious as how a grain of sand exists in the sea shore or even, how a bunch of water exists in the sea.

Her eyes would blink and twitch at certain intervals, and it reminded and made me conscious of how I did the same. Same goes with the breathing. The only sound that existed was the sound of our subtle inhaling and exhaling, but that too was virtually nonexistent.

Th sound was more of a base upon which either silence or a loud bang could be recognized and compared. Hence, it wasn't a sound or noise intself bt rather a hint that suggested our state of being or presence.

Even though we were completely relaxed, this exchagne of 'more than what meet the eyes' was turning into an intense stare but somehow, in an utter calm. Yes, it was contradictory and to make sense of what kept us going was even more of an earth sized jig-saw puzzle. I couldn't fathom the reason, or may be there wasn't one. But what I was strongly reminded of was my existence and hers. Perhaps, the knowledge owf this existence brought upon a platonic joy. Something that's only confined for us to feel and the words won't do any justice.

Hence, we kept going and fell asleep.

© 2010 kunsang


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

76 Views
Added on August 30, 2010
Last Updated on August 30, 2010

Author

kunsang
kunsang

New York, NY



Writing
i exist i exist

A Poem by kunsang