Clear Skies

Clear Skies

A Poem by Nautili
"

wrote this in 2009.

"

I see the man
he could have been
if everything
went as planned,
If life did not
combat with him,
If fortune’s touch
did not repulse from
his trembling hand.
If his addictions
did not overtake,
If his woman
did not betray.
I saw the better one
slowly starting to awake,
when thirsty demons
drugged him back asleep
and dragged his soul away.

The quintessential party man,
laughing,joking,drinking,doping.
Seldom the solitary man;

grappling fears

and contending with coping.
I see the man
he was meant to be
before the tortuous "Why?"

And I see the man he still will become,

if he one day opens his eyes

to  the endless possibilities

of a clear blue sky. 

© 2012 Nautili


Author's Note

Nautili
I know there seems as though there are many good reasons for medicating pain, but none of them will hold you up when your life falls apart.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

What a breathtaking write... How I remember myself walking through the valley of the shadow... Makes me ache to wonder how many take that wrong turn, some for no fault of their own, and then wander away from who they were meant to be.. So beautiful that you can see his true self, even if it's hidden behind the mask...

Posted 11 Years Ago


What an honest piece that offers many a glimpse into their own future. Incredibly written poetry.

Posted 11 Years Ago


An honest, sensitive and genuine writing here. I appreciate it very much. I think you can inspire and reach out to many people, through your wisdom of your writing.
Marvelous!

E.L.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Heartfelt and emotionally driven. I agree with you. Sometimes, it's all too much, but we can't run away forever from our fears and our problems because eventually, they will catch up to us, some way, somehow. I like that this is reflective and hopeful, with obvious mourning and suffering in the voice.
This piece is like a truthful breath of fresh air.

Posted 12 Years Ago


True .... alwasys saying hat no money will cure sick people and make them healthy again

Posted 12 Years Ago


There may be a bit of "the man" in all of us... Certainly more in some than others...Your understanding of "the man" is deep and wide...description nearly to the "T". Many who appear to have the most confidence are the most insecure. Whether prescription RX or self medication, things are not always as the seem..
He feels like a lost and hopeless cause, perhaps to himself as well, until the end where spiritual hope is found...I hope for his sake he sees" Clear Skies."

Posted 12 Years Ago


amen to all that

Posted 12 Years Ago


The clarity of perspective is often not possessed by those who need it most, like ourselves. Nor will most men receive it even if spoken plainly to them. So those that care are destined to stand by and witness the course that seems limiting and avoidable. So much depth and perspective in this write. This shows your wisdom and ability to articulate it.

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

171 Views
8 Reviews
Added on April 26, 2012
Last Updated on April 27, 2012

Author

Nautili
Nautili

NY



About
A Dream Within A Dream Take this kiss upon the brow! And, in parting from you now, Thus much let me avow- You are not wrong, who deem That my days have been a dream; Yet if.. more..

Writing
Dutch Boy Dutch Boy

A Poem by Nautili