You lied when you said you were sweet.

You lied when you said you were sweet.

A Poem by Kurl Urban
"

Spoken Poetry

"
You lied when you said you were sweet.
You were hand picked by the counselors daughter smitten you were to engulf the mouth with a dreadful stench of death.

You colluded with beauty to layer your shell, proclaiming a beautiful lie. Your résumé says from the garden of eden, an impostor dressing the snake, food for thought grown from the fields of Babylon, hanging on by.

You lied when you said you were sweet. You mellowed down to a disgraceful taste of cheese and of bitter wine pruned to the roots, an aching tummy for all who throb on your lies.

Your prudence stolen from the lily of sharon, pampering the harlot of Lydia. Killing innocent souls more then the wars raged by religions, from all your seductive lies. You the carrot cake made with vinegar, the black forest with human intestine. You lied when you said you were sweet.

© 2014 Kurl Urban


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

140 Views
Added on December 8, 2014
Last Updated on December 8, 2014

Author

Kurl Urban
Kurl Urban

Johannesburg, West Rand, South Africa



About
Kurl Urban lives and was raised in Johannesburg, South Africa and is a passionate writer of poetry related to Spoken Word, covering a vast range of topics that stem alive from his immediate interactio.. more..

Writing