The Prodigal Son To His Brother

The Prodigal Son To His Brother

A Poem by Kurl Urban
"

"What happens when an old age parable, still retains it's moral value but lodged from a different angle, the result is this..."

"
Delivery me whole to the butchers quartet, dress my flesh with wounds made from hands of vanity, the pompous insanity that society has welcomed, cementing this cities soul as brutal and fierce.

You return my bones to Sodom for rest, allow the fire and brimstone to kindle upon my waste. Gather my spirit from the four winds and spread me across the lake of fire but whatever you do "inflict your bruises with gruesome service"

Depict me as a serpent, psychotic and sick, delicately convincing the masses of my sins, vanquish me home while forgetting we shared a womb together, the molding effect from a single batch of semen.

"Oh dear brother" just tantalize my lips, that burn of hunger to this non-kosher swine to feast. Assist me to settle my debt with borrowed cents, repaid only through years of servitude, and all I ask is from you is only sustain my waist with one piece of denarius.


Render a home, a roof or something to shelter what is already yours. Used baggage our father adored but you despised, now witness my shame, my nakedness and with your violence cover the section that least amuses you. "Just spare me from making municipal benches, the shallow grave that I use to emancipate from lurking death"

© 2014 Kurl Urban


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

"Render a home, a roof or something to shelter what is already yours. Used baggage our father adored but you despised, now witness my shame, my nakedness and with your violence cover the section that least amuses you. "Just spare me from making municipal benches, the shallow grave that I use to emancipate from lurking death"
Your poetry strong and direct. Your words are not wasted. Each statement standing for reason and purpose. I like the above lines. Funny how people learn too late what is important. No-one want to rest in their final place in a shallow grave. Thank you for sharing the excellent poetry.
Coyote

Posted 9 Years Ago


Wow, blown away by this superb write, quite eloquent too. Love the symbolism and imagery.

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

204 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 8, 2014
Last Updated on December 11, 2014

Author

Kurl Urban
Kurl Urban

Johannesburg, West Rand, South Africa



About
Kurl Urban lives and was raised in Johannesburg, South Africa and is a passionate writer of poetry related to Spoken Word, covering a vast range of topics that stem alive from his immediate interactio.. more..

Writing