Compartment 114
Compartment 114
Love Me Not
1986, Penny Herrera falls into the predatory clutches of Matt, an older man who has no other intention than to alter Pen
The First Of September

The First Of September

A Poem by Kurl Urban

What makes you old and wise is not the fact that you old and wise but that you are wise and old. So when you birthed courage you birthed us, so its not the strength in a muscular figure that makes you strong but the ease at which you made it seem, alone.

You nourished us from the bread crumbs, collected from the masters court, feeding our souls with Samuel and Saul, stories of old without ever knowing the feeling of a pen rolling from the pages skin, illiterate only by book.

You are the first of September, spring fiesta, located in the southern tip of my heart merging the atlantic ocean with indian. The finer days before my father left, your voice the semi-tone to an angels cry, tears of gold I never seek to mine.

Your lineage is from the Amafengu to the Batlhapeng merged delicately to weave the goddess of the herdsmen daughter. Your words hedge mountains in solace. Your words shape the continuity of stars and garment the moon all because you are my mother.

© 2014 Kurl Urban


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Words of wisdom, very nice poem

Posted 9 Years Ago


Kurl Urban

9 Years Ago

Much appreciated
Thank you, much appreciated.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Hmmm I can feel your passion in your words. You come at my mind from an angle; your words do cloak a lot of meaning... it's a montage of metaphors, a mosaic of your heritage. Incredible writing. Thank you for sharing.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

191 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 9, 2014
Last Updated on December 9, 2014

Author

Kurl Urban
Kurl Urban

Johannesburg, West Rand, South Africa



About
Kurl Urban lives and was raised in Johannesburg, South Africa and is a passionate writer of poetry related to Spoken Word, covering a vast range of topics that stem alive from his immediate interactio.. more..

Writing



Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5