BIG BANG THEORY: BETWEEN SCIENCE, COMMON SENSE AND RELIGION

BIG BANG THEORY: BETWEEN SCIENCE, COMMON SENSE AND RELIGION

A by kurrupted

          Of all the theories of the evolution of the universe, why has so much talks revolved round the “big bang theory”?. As a theory one could hardly make a lay man comprehend that 14 billion years ago the universe was formed by an explosion “big bang”, a statement which has raised more questions than answers in the history of science.

 

A lay man while being explained the theory ones remarked “how could an explosion occur from nothing?”

 

And the series of questions proceeding the above include

-when or where did the reactants come from for the reaction to take place? A question which also gives rise to another question “how did the first matter come into being?”

 

“when” as a term often describes or denotes the time at which an incidence occurred, thus, the big bang was said to have occurred some 14 billion years ago, but however this is the time of the explosion and the beginning of the universe…the question is when was the “TIME” when the first cosmic dust and the “SPACE” which are both an integral part of the occurrence of the big bang and any other event come into being?

 

The series of questions are endless, and lack of convincing and yet tangible answers to such lives one with doubts about the authenticity of such postulates and there likes.

 

My head just wouldn’t let me accept the fact that there was nothing and then there was an explosion. The first law of thermodynamics states that “AN OBJECT WILL CONTINUE TO BE AT A STATE OF REST UNTILL AN EXTERNAL FORCE IS APPLIED TO IT” then, based on this, one of the 2 great theories is false as they contradict each other…big bang said there was nothing and then there was an explosion while first law of thermodynamics sates an external force need to be applied.

 

A lay man friend of mine ones commented “ scientists should carefully and thoroughly check, recheck there hypothesis before postulating” and another truth is scientists have little or no idea of the long term effect of our technologies and science that’s why they keep researching blindly.

 

I thought as scientists the search for knowledge and for the proving of a theory (the truth) should not live any stone unturned, any source untouched (and that includes even religious sources which has and is always in collision with science)

 

The discovery of the antigravity (a property of empty space that exerts an outward force like a compressed spring at every point in space) revealed that the universe is expanding as the volume of space is increasing…but as scientists (Einstein inclusive) have been working relentlessly  to prove this phenomenon and only did in the 1st week of April 2001 get to make a powerful case and while they were elated to have discovered that the universe is indeed expanding, someone like me in a so called third world country only laughed at the article of the discovery (in the TIME April 16th 2001 pages 48 & 49) for I knew the universe was expanding , not by studying the distant super-nova or by using a hubble telescope…I was taught the universe was expanding in my quranic class in the verse that says

 

                            “VERILY WE CREATED THE UNIVERSE

  AND WE ARE EXPNDING IT”

 

This verse made me laugh about the anti-gravity issue and a lot of other ones, but as I laugh it off deep inside me I this flames of sadness engulf me as to why these great minds are taking sides in there search and pursuit for the discovery of truth about life and the universe. There one sidedness limits the scope of search and thus creates an avenue for flawed concepts to be incorporated into workings thus polluting everything.

 

In the holy quran lies the path to scientific greatness, either visible or otherwise, in it lies the most logical, truth about the science and life of the universe and all in it…and it is displayed in a manner not any human can put up, not even if the whole of mankind are put together.

-

 

© 2008 kurrupted


My Review

Would you like to review this ?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wow. Talk about an education.

Posted 16 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

130 Views
1 Review
Added on March 12, 2008

Author

kurrupted
kurrupted

Maiduguri, Nigeria



About
This is me. more..

Writing