The Broom

The Broom

A Story by ksp1859
"

Very short story told from the perspective of crumbs on the floor.

"

The food bits and pieces scurry across the floor, running in fear from the thousand giant yellow teeth. They arrive safely up the loading ramp where they wait to be delivered. As the ramp helicopters up off the ground they cling to each other in dizzying joy, and like the South Vietnamese at the end of the war they hope to soon arrive at a safe new home. Then they zoom horizontally with a tremendous jerk. Now hovering again. As their flying luxury liner’s back end begins to sink, they gape in horror at the white-trimmed abyss below. Free-falling, they arrive safely in the dank darkness. “We were once sensuous delights. We were a part of something bigger than ourselves. Now we are scattered and alone, essentially dead.” As giant objects begin getting sucked into the void -- crushing them, they realize that this is death.

© 2008 ksp1859


Author's Note

ksp1859
This is another of my first attempts at fiction which is why it is so short.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Oh - wonderful - what an agile thought! Best wishes, Pammy

Posted 16 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

78 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on February 18, 2008

Author

ksp1859
ksp1859

Nederland, TX



About
I haven't been writing long. I would like to get some feedback on my writing and be inspired by reading the work of others. I honestly don't know if I'm any good. That's why I'm here. For anyone.. more..

Writing
Productivity Productivity

A Poem by ksp1859


Dementia Dementia

A Poem by ksp1859


Hair Hair

A Story by ksp1859