Hair

Hair

A Story by ksp1859
"

A very short story. A woman is cutting her father's hair.

"

The hair, that was so thick it always remained perfectly styled with no chemical assistance, cascaded to the floor like autumn leaves layering the hardening ground. Up until now he had lost no hair and had contracted just a few lines of silver in his black mane. Now fifty-eight, the chemicals tearing through his body -- working to turn back those hyperactive nests of cells – suddenly turned him into an old, bald man. As she ran the clippers over his head, she looked upon her father’s scalp for the first time, and all the hope seemed to drain out of her through the tears welling up in her eyes. Through the liquid lenses she saw his now-dead hair encircling him like the dying flowers that would be around his casket. She stifled a gasp. “All done,” she said, trying to sound cheerful – trying to suppress her breaking thought – he’s all done, he’s all done.

© 2008 ksp1859


Author's Note

ksp1859
Another of my first attempts at fiction.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

this is such an emotive piece. the imagery you've used has blown me away.
an excellent piece.
i think it could be made longer, maybe establish the relationship between the two characters a little stronger.
keep up the good work.

Posted 16 Years Ago


I think you should do just a little more work on the ending or change it slightly, I'm sure you can improve on your already great imagery. You are doing just fine. A good concept and well delivered. Best wishes, Pammy

Posted 16 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

80 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 18, 2008

Author

ksp1859
ksp1859

Nederland, TX



About
I haven't been writing long. I would like to get some feedback on my writing and be inspired by reading the work of others. I honestly don't know if I'm any good. That's why I'm here. For anyone.. more..

Writing
Productivity Productivity

A Poem by ksp1859


Dementia Dementia

A Poem by ksp1859


The Broom The Broom

A Story by ksp1859



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..