Gender is just a label, NOT role to play.

Gender is just a label, NOT role to play.

A Story by Panini_girl

Gender Disparity in the World: Why It Exists 

Gender inequality exists because it is situated in the human brain, being exposed to it from a young age, and it leads us to have certain interdictions. It may be the cause why we have prejudices on how we perceive things. We have been taught, from early stages of childhood that different genders have different roles to play and that the subjective gender is better in one set of activities than the other. While that is not only a false observation to make, it can lead to lesser thinking of one’s gender. We build visions to attribute to our actions and to make it understandable, everything we do is based on the effects our actions may have, of what people may think and what effect their words can have on our daily lives. With the evidence given, I agree wholly, because if multiple persons of the female gender would want to play a sport that consists of males, then there would be separate teams, female and male, instead of being combined, like equals. 


Gender Equality: Are Women Still Being Held Back by Stereotypes?

A factor that is wildly important and not considered by many people, is the role of stereotypes, these stereotypes have had a prodigious effect on how we perceive the roles that men and women play, they’re reinforced by cultural and social norms which are the cause why we emphasize the roles of gender. Years of studies show us that we are easily influenced and impacted by the stereotypes set by both women and men, and the beliefs how each gender should or should not behave. 

Jennifer Newman stated in 2016 that “The problem is continuing despite political and economic efforts to fix the situation. It’s pervasive and worldwide, and it seems to be based on myths and stereotypes continuing to circulate about women’s and men’s roles, values, attitudes, and capabilities.”  Even with the acts of feminism, women are still unregarded in the workplace and society, although many women reach the senior level with wide mercantile experience, men are 4.5 times more likely to reach that level faster. Yes, females are being held back by stereotypes. My opinion is that why men would reach a higher level quicker in a business environment, is because they are seen as more ‘competent’ and more ‘progressive’, they know what they want, and they would know how to improve their business, but that is erroneous, because if a woman and man both studied the same logistics of running a business they both should be capable of running a business competently and strategically.


Gender Equality and its Role in Economic Development

Devex Editor states “The global economy would benefit substantially from greater participation of women in the global workforce”, it is commonly known that women in the labour workforce are marketed lower than men’s and that the women’s work in the informal economy is preeminent; their wages has a significant gap towards men’s wages. There are reports that state, that by allowing women to enter or be introduced to the labour market, could raise the GDP (gross domestic product) levels across the world. Economic prerequisites of gender equality are meticulous in growing societies, where they promote women’s labour force participation and could help in the minimisation of a workforce. Dozens of reports state that by employing more women in the workforce can help the profitability and productivity in the private sector. There are companies that benefit from the employment of women, that helps with the improvement of “staff retention, innovation, and access to talent and new markets.” There are authors that emphasise that gender inequality relegates results in the merit of human capital and a decrease in economic growth. It is evident, now, that gender inequality can be a debasement to many factors. By ensuring gender equality and acts thereof can be the commencement to a better workplace and environment.




Gender is just a label, not a role to play

With evidence, it is tangible to make the presumption that gender is just a label and not a role to play. Being able to join any workforce of one’s choice is to be accepted because every person has a unique set of traits and talents. Men should not be disregarded because they want to be a stay-at-home dad or become a makeup artist. The same goes for women who want to become a professional football player (American) and join a men’s team. Women’s wages shouldn’t be less than a man’s, it should be the same amount of money, and should not be depended on what gender you are. The only difference between man and woman are genitals. Transgenders should not be seen as n lesser, because they too are human, and possess the same traits as any other human being. Gender Equality should persist not desist. 

© 2017 Panini_girl


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

88 Views
Added on February 19, 2017
Last Updated on February 19, 2017

Author

Panini_girl
Panini_girl

Joahnnesburg, South Africa



About
Bipolar disorder, giving me either inspiration, thoughts of death or catches me in a whirlwind where I feel like I can flu more..

Writing
Magic Magic

A Poem by Panini_girl