Life of Iridescence

Life of Iridescence

A Story by Panini_girl

Being a wife of a soldier is never easy, and being a mom of two while your brave husband is off fighting many wars, is exhausting. Your children know they have a daddy but they don’t understand why he is not there with them. He fights for 10 months and visits us for two, separate times of the year, for our kids’ birthdays and then again for christmas and off he goes. We have been married 7 years, got children in our fourth and sixth year. Zachary with rough black hair, big blue eyes, a big, warm smile, caring and calm, looked after his sister like he was the man of the house, granted he was only three and Eden only one, quite different from her brother, blonde hair and citrusy amber eyes, she was reckless and ambitious, but caring, the only thing that they had in common, it could be the sole reason for their love of each other. My husband Riley Roland, took after Eden and me after Zachary, only my eyes were amber and Riley’s blue. Riley, like me was a lawyer before he joined the Seals, he followed the path of war after his father died. I supported him in his quests, understanding the need to honor is parents, they’ve always been proud of him, they were good parents, his mother died two years after he graduated and met me only thrice, in the 13 years we’ve known each other and excellent woman she was. His dad could never bore anyone with his war stories and loving personality, they were the only family I knew. I was a foster child. My parents died when I was four. There was a place called Sub Rosa where I visited everyday in memory of them. The place is special to me, it’s where I went with mom and dad, and it was the place I met the love of my life, Riley. Sub Rosa was once the Adam’s family place but now it was the place where I shared my first passionate kiss, where he proposed to me and where we took our children for picnics, walking underneath the Willow Trees with luminescent leaves shadowing the long, winded dirt path that led to a beautiful field full of flowers and sunshine. We nicknamed it Roland’s Secret Path. 


51 years later

One healthy husband, two kids and four lovely grandchildren. 

© 2017 Panini_girl


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

A story told very well...Like! :)

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Panini_girl

7 Years Ago

thank you so much! it means a lot to me
T0TS

7 Years Ago

You are very welcome. :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

89 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on February 19, 2017
Last Updated on February 19, 2017

Author

Panini_girl
Panini_girl

Joahnnesburg, South Africa



About
Bipolar disorder, giving me either inspiration, thoughts of death or catches me in a whirlwind where I feel like I can flu more..

Writing
Magic Magic

A Poem by Panini_girl