Night Terrors

Night Terrors

A Poem by god is not great, I am

Outside the world turns black, inside I sit alone.
I know they are coming for me,
I hold no intention of putting up a fight.
The nightmares of my past, reborn.
To die would be more inviting.
Crushed beneath my body weight in sadness.
Fear eating at my gut.
My soul soaked in liquor,
My heart starving for hope,
And me,
Knowing that there is none.
These are the nights.
You wont want to travel them alone.

© 2011 god is not great, I am


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Deep, dark, occult and yet with a lovely bite. A sign of emptiness, but with hope still... You must totally know dark, to know nor appreciate light. I think we can shake hands. Thank you for just being you, instead of all the ones who are just writing about the flowers, and the sun and the bee's, and some lovely trees. Appreciated.

~ Elisa Laura

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Dark stuff, very emotive! Great write :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


Dark and dangerous, I expected nothing less from a poem titled Night Terrors. I cant say I am jumping for joy at how well you wrote this, but it is certainly done well and makes me wonder about this poor person all alone against their nightmares coming for them. I hope you keep writing so I can read more.

Posted 10 Years Ago


This is very dark, I love it. Great write and hope to read more just like it.

Posted 12 Years Ago


I can only wallow in self-pity and defeat for so long. One has to rise to the surface to breathe some sunlight every now and then. This "almost" reads like a cry for help...or is it? Perhaps you like it there? Another gut wrenching and thought-provoking write. Thank you for sharing. x

Muse

Posted 12 Years Ago


Dark, like a scream from the bowels of the earth .. not somewhere for everyone, not everything for most. It takes courage to travel such places ..

Posted 12 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
ATG
A creepy, but well written poem. It was very interesting and it was thought provoking to some degree. Overall, it was very good.

Posted 12 Years Ago


very fatalistic, dark and brooding. nice imagery. great poem.

Posted 12 Years Ago


I like this. It has a strong feeling of dread in it. I like the terrifying thought of rather dying than being taken...and not putting up a fight. It demonstrates the intensity. I think the last line should be rewritten though. For some reason the very last line seems out of place.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Ok, you have remarkable talent indeed.
I realise I haven't given you the best critique but I can't really say anything about this poem. Words cannot honestly and deservedly describe the quality of this type of poetry. It's unreal.
LOVED IT. BTW. 8D

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Finally, someone on the internet who writes from the gut! Goddamn, I can't tell you how much crap on this site, and others, is unreadable. It's like people feel like they have to coat everything in a layer of sugar and glitter in order to make it palatable. I say F**k All That- writing should be like a monster uncurling itself in your guts and laying waste to the preconceived notions of decency. Right on, sister.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1023 Views
27 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 6, 2011
Last Updated on December 6, 2011

Author

god is not great, I am
god is not great, I am

Chattanooga, TN



About
No God. No food. No sleep. That’s all you really need to know about me. Atheist, Anorexic, insomniac. I am sure we have very little in common. Another note: My favorite writer ever- Charl.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..