Visionary Arc

Visionary Arc

A Story by demannu
"

Every once in a while, I'll stumble upon a marvelous bubble in the fabric of the world.

"

Every once in a while, I'll stumble upon a marvelous bubble in the fabric of the world. The rivers run gold and birds sing pure ecstasy through the gales of the amber skies in these pockets. They are rare and only ever can be found when they are not being sought. They come around in one's life every now and then, arriving like a gust of April wind and dissolving back again as quickly and unexpectedly as it came.

 

These pockets are rewards in the gods' grand scheme where they awards one person infinite happiness for a certain period of time. Perhaps, if no one is deprived of this happiness as an imbalance, this fleeting bubble of awe can exist forever.

 

Somewhere along the way, I slipped and tumbled headlong into one of these bubbles. It was no reward, as nothing I did previously deserved it. It was no mistake of the gods, as they pay me no mind, good or bad.

 

It was luck that I fell.

 

As I picked myself up again, I looked about at the world I thought I knew so well but there was no darkness, no sorrow, no hurt. I saw the gold rivers, heard the magic melodies, and I knew I was in one of those god-given bubbles. A new, brighter sun shone on the horizon but it seemed so far away; it seemed inconceivable that I would be able to reach it before this wonder popped like an iridescent soap bubble.

 

It was a stretch to the limits of all I had known but stretch I did and when I finally felt the warmth of that tremendous sun on my face, I reached out with palms up and took that sun right from the sky.

 

I was in a forgotten world, one overlooked by the gods. One so small, it was meant only for two people.

 

Now, as I look out the window of my wonderful bubble, I realize that the fantasy that swirls around me like currents of silver and blue are so vastly different than the fear and din that hangs like an ugly umbrella over the rest of the world.

 

There's no sense of turning back. I dwell in my beautiful and fascinating bubble, protected from harm and immune to ignorance. There is grace and purity, comfort and care, but most importantly, there is him. I have my sun and it illuminates my world with the warmth and happiness to fuel my soul.

© 2008 demannu


Author's Note

demannu
This is a very mind-driven piece. There is no imagination in this. This is how I feel as I write this.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

123 Views
Added on November 15, 2008
Last Updated on November 15, 2008

Author

demannu
demannu

CA



About
Recently, I deleted every bit of writing I've ever done. I'm starting fresh, starting anew, starting original. I'll be posting the project I'm planning here but writing may not happen for a while. I.. more..

Writing
Forest Fire Forest Fire

A Story by demannu


Nightingale Nightingale

A Book by demannu