Glowing Amber and Liquid Gold

Glowing Amber and Liquid Gold

A Story by demannu
"

Some things should never be taken for granted.

"

Every morning, I wake up and look out past my yard into the vineyards behind my house. They seem to stretch on endlessly and when the morning light carves down over the hills, the grapes seem to glow amber and the leaves look like liquid gold. I've seen it every day since they put in the vineyard but every day, I find I have to catch my breath. I realize something: it's these moments that can be cherished forever.

 

It's also the same notion that tells us when we're with the right person. When every day, you can see them and everyday, they take your breath away. In this way, the vineyard has taught me the most important lesson in life. I continue to search for what's right for me and I've taken for granted the simple things in life. It's the simplest, most repetitive things that stick in our mind most and end up playing a greater role in our lives. It's those things we never tire of.

 

So my search is over. I didn't find the vineyard. I lived here before the vineyard was even planned. Previously, it was field that smelled of warm honey where deers and hawks fleeted about. It was beautiful before but nothing can surpass what it has become. Perhaps change has to happen naturally in order for it to bloom into something beautiful.

 

One has to stop forcing things in their life and instead, let nature takes its course. I may not belong to a religion but I do believe that there is some higher power out there, whatever it may be, that has some kind of influence over our life. And maybe, just maybe, that power knows what's best for us. And just on the chance it does, one must let go and free themselves.

 

Our conscious mind puts limits on us. When we dream, our subconscious takes over and beautiful, magical things happen. If there's a way to hand the reins over to my subconscious, I would let it wash over me forever. Just to bask in that mystical strength of my subconscious, my dreamland, would be amazing.

 

This is what I get to experience almost every night before I fall to sleep:
 

 

© 2008 demannu


Author's Note

demannu
Just a reflective bit of writing.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This was lovely..good messages.

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

132 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on November 18, 2008

Author

demannu
demannu

CA



About
Recently, I deleted every bit of writing I've ever done. I'm starting fresh, starting anew, starting original. I'll be posting the project I'm planning here but writing may not happen for a while. I.. more..

Writing
Forest Fire Forest Fire

A Story by demannu


Nightingale Nightingale

A Book by demannu