SERENITY PROLOGUE

SERENITY PROLOGUE

A Chapter by Redwater

PROLOGUE
The screams reverberate through my chest, repeating a thousand pitches over and over like a long, sorrowful song. Red wine drips from the walls and ceiling of the enclosed area, creating several dark puddles around the room and staining the bone white floor. There are no windows or doors, no escape of any kind, which just adds to the frightening nature of the situation.
"Please...!" A slump figure shouts from a corner. I'm surprised when its dull eyes focus on me, being there is no light in the space. I doubt it can see me, or anything for that matter, but it doesn't stop me from gritting my teeth in repulse. The thing's stare overflows with fear, and regret. Why are humans so weak? "Stop... Leave me alone!"
I make a clicking sound with the roof of my mouth and tongue, the shadowy figure hears it and screeches at the minor sound.
"Why would I leave you alone?" I say slowly, faintly, like rippling water in the breeze .
"Oh my God!... Who's there!" The words come out in a stutter of wails and sobs."Oh my God!" It repeats. "Oh my god oh my god oh my god..."
Its terror is so extravagant it makes me laugh. "I'm here." I whisper in a simple manner. "I've always been here..." I can't help but chuckle softly.
And just like that, a light goes off in its tiny, little mind. "You...!" It lets out a loud, disapproving howl that makes me cringe. "Why!... Why do this? No one deserves this!"
A wave of anger clashes through my body, and I have to bite my tongue down to keep from shouting. Doing that will ruin everything, make them think they have power. I force my lips into a cool smile despite the fact it can't see me in the slightest. "Now now there, don't get upset. There's no reason to be nasty." I feel the chilling metal of the sharp blade in my hand. "Everything will be okay." I relax my muscles. "you're the winner after all."



© 2018 Redwater


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Des
Oh, I really liked it! It was a real visual that gave me chills to the bone. 0.0

Posted 10 Years Ago


Redwater

10 Years Ago

Thanks. It was what I was going for.
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Dez
that is crazy! in a good way :). the bone white floor and blood put a really good visual in my head. i'm into this story so far and i'll stick with it. also the emotions shift unnoticeable... i don't know how to describe it to you. it's creepy but i was into it so much... i also like the end. that's what mainly made me want to stick with this. you can tell that thought was put into that part and it foreshadows what i think will be the main character? Pandora is the main Character?

Posted 10 Years Ago


Redwater

10 Years Ago

Oh God Thank You So Much I'm crying Out Of Joy!!! And yes, Pandora is meant to be the main character.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

201 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 30, 2013
Last Updated on October 18, 2018
Tags: fiction, horror, comedy


Author

Redwater
Redwater

Chippewa Falls, WI



About
I've never really liked these About Me things... more..

Writing
[Title] [Title]

A Chapter by Redwater


[Title] [Title]

A Book by Redwater