Prelude

Prelude

A Chapter by lanistarr
"

A brief intro into Clara's world.

"
They used to tell us stories. People had powers beyond our imaginations, powers that the gods gave them. Of course not everyone was blessed with a gift. They said you had to be chosen and if you were chosen it would become your duty to keep the world balanced. They were meant to protect everyone. Something happened and one of them went haywire. The cause is different depending on who you ask. Some would say he was just born that way that he was always a little off. He used his powers to achieve an over-ruling position above us all. He created an army and began slaughtering those with powers. He deemed himself “The Superior” and since then he’s forbid anyone from even speaking of the powers. The adults break the rules though. They know as well as he does that just by keeping the idea alive we could create a rebellion powerful enough to take him down. They know that if we’re careful the gods will give some their powers and we can reclaim this world for peace instead of tyranny. They knew change was coming.


© 2013 lanistarr


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

can't believe no one's commented on this yet.. love this prologue. I can tell this will be one killer story

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

130 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on September 3, 2013
Last Updated on September 3, 2013
Tags: dystopia, adventure, fantasy


Author

lanistarr
lanistarr

Henderson, NV



About
I'm an 18 year old who's had stories floating around in her head but never finished a single one. I'm hoping that by getting them out there, and potentially attracting an audience, I'll be driven to c.. more..

Writing